Job description / Role
The successful candidate is the interface between the employer and the contractor and is responsible for the successful delivery of the project to the required standard and programme. Working as part of a small team, the MEP Project Manager will need to have excellent communication skills and proven abilities to manage the main contractor, sub-contractors, and the Supervision Consultant to ensure the project is delivered to the highest quality.
• Works with the Planner to ensure effective planning is carried out for Project including production of Progress/Programme Reports, Construction/Tender programmes, weekly look-ahead programmes and Management of the critical path.
• Monitors Supervision Consultants performance with respect to contractor/subcontractor submittals and QA/QC and recommends corrective action when required.
• Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action Report.
• Assist in responses to FIDIC claim notices with respect to EOT claims and in preparation of Determinations.
• Set up and control a strict regime to capture information of daily resource on site (main contractor and sub-contractor labour, plant and materials) to help inform potential delay issues and to respond to claims, as appropriate
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree essential.
• Minimum of 15 years of related work experience in construction project management.
• In addition, must be knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) & Microsoft Project scheduling technology.
• Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communication skills, and have a thorough understanding of HSEE and industry practices and regulations.
• Good communication skills in English, Arabic would be advantageous.
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
MEP Manager - Rail/Metro
Senior MEP Project Engineer
Project Manager - Mechanical / Electrical
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC