Job description / Role
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring stock is properly controlled and all storage areas are locked and security checked.
• Use bin card for each mini bar item.
• Re-stock mini bar’s store room.
• Check each of items quality and its presentation.
• Fill in all form and follow accounting procedures.
• Re-stock mini bar trolleys on daily basis.
• Make sure all mini bar sales are registered.
• Work closely with housekeeping supervisor, room attendant, front office cashier and bell boy.
• Do intern weekly inventory to minimize error.
• Ensure that job is done according to standard operating procedures and employee handbook.
• Maintain a high standard of hygiene and grooming clean uniform, name badge, well shined black shoes, black clean socks (men), neat hair, clean shaven (men), clean hands and short finger nails, wearing of jewelry and make-up as per S.O.P. and employee handbook.
• Follow hotel timekeeping procedures has to be present 15 minutes before scheduled starting time, on request work split shift, work any days including weekends and public holidays and do overtime as requested in accordance with H.R. policies.
• Check on a regular basis the cleanliness of outlets and working areas.
• Maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction and standard of service, strive for perfection and excellence to make RIU Hotels & Resorts the leading resort property in Dubai.
• Maintain a good relationship with colleagues.
• Attend training session, and fill in personal training logbook.
• Attend departmental meetings if required.
• Any reasonable request of department management.
• Communicate effectively and keep others informed.
• Be always aware that you represent the hotel to our guests and the community.
• Be familiar with hotel’s fire evacuation and emergency policies and procedures, especially in regard to your work place.
• Be motivated to increase departmental revenue.
• Work in awareness of and according to departmental budgeted costs.
• Handle hotel assets and all equipment with utmost care and maintain in best conditions.
• To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
• To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
• To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
• To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
• To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
• Pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• Assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
• To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.