Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a team of Mulesoft developers and manage the Mulesoft Architecture within the IT Services division of Chalhoub Group. You will develop first-class data integrations in the Mulesoft Anypoint EIP, designing and delivering solutions following a "best practice"approach. Your participation in delivering business critical projects whilst maintaining a great team dynamic, keeping on top of day-to-day sprint activities and ensuring targets are met will be an invaluable contribution to the continued success of this pivotal team within the Enterprise
What you will be doing
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Work closely alongside the Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Developers on project- and product-related user stories and requirements
- Set the development standards, policies and procedures that should be adhered to within the team
- Drive change on the Mulesoft platform to implement efficient and effective strategies which benefit the wider business and their customers
- Develop and implement services and API's to a very high quality, ensuring that all developers within the team understand and follow the standards stipulated by you.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create a cohesive set of services.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements, gaining business knowledge which will enable you to actively participate in defining solutions which will truly meet the business need.
- Provide governance and oversight to ensure that all services and API's developed within your team satisfy the business requirements.
- Ensure that all user stories/requirements are accurately estimated and can be delivered to the specified schedule.
- Where possible, show flexibility and agility when responding to the changing needs of the business.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and technologies.
- Perform 2nd line support out-of-hours as required.
- Keep abreast with latest technical trends for the specific area of work and recommend beneficial changes.
- Participate in managing Scrum Team activities to ensure a successful sprint delivery.
Line Manager Aspects of the Role
- Be the Technical Lead in a team of Mulesoft developers, engaged in the creation of high-quality services and API's within agreed project timelines.
- Understand and advocate Mulesoft Architecture best practices and standards as defined by Mulesoft.
- Be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality and ownership with respect to all work developed by members of the team.
- Onboard, upskill and help to integrate new team members, proactively supporting the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives - supervise, coach and mentor your co-workers - be inspirational and motivate.
- Assist with recruitment activities.
- Be the 'go-to' person for the team, both within IT and in the wider business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical discipline is required
- Proven experience of leading a team of Mulesoft developers including performance, development and disciplinary issues.
- Demonstrable Mulesoft ability with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques and architecture.
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment.
- A proven track record of developing high-quality integration solutions to business specifications whilst understanding processes and requirements.
- Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.