Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Cambridge International School - Abu Dhabi are looking for a committed, hardworking and talented Music Teacher to join our team commencing in September 2023. The role is essentially for a Primary music specialist but experience of teaching KS3 Secondary would be an advantage.
This opportunity is ideally suited to someone with the skills and creativity to implement and establish an inclusive, yet high performing music programme. Working closely with our Head of Department the successful candidate will have a high level of autonomy and a blank canvass to ensure Music develops a significant presence within our school community, both in the formal and wider curriculum. At CIA, we fully believe in the importance of providing a broad, varied and engaging educational experience that enriches the lives of all our students. Music, along with the other performing and creative arts will play a significant role in this vision.
We are therefore seeking an inspirational teacher to join our current team of dedicated specialists providing a world-class education. Candidates should have a real passion for Music with a proven track record of outstanding practice both as a musician and teacher. They will have the ability to enthuse, engage and develop our future musicians. The ability to play the piano, accompany students, directing our Choir and Bands in performances would be an advantage.
GEMS Cambridge International School - Abu Dhabi is one of the leading British curriculum schools in the UAE. We firmly believe, as an inclusive school, that every child can achieve, reinforced by our commitment to the High-Performance Learning philosophy (HPL). As a community, we have very high expectations for all and strive for excellence in all we do.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students.
- Be knowledgeable of and confident in the use of proven, effective teaching and learning methodologies of the British National Curriculum.
- Be fully committed to our high-performance learning philosophy (HPL) and the notion that every student can achieve.
- Have extremely high standards and expectations for all, and be able to work effectively individually and within a team environment.
- Be someone who is constantly looking to improve themselves further with the ability to 'think outside of the box' and be open to new approaches.
- Believe strongly in and fully support the wider extracurricular programme of the Department in our extensive termly concerts and events.
- Be an effective team player with the ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humour.
As a GEMS employee you can be guaranteed of an excellent, well-resourced professional environment, including working alongside highly driven, committed colleagues and fabulously polite and dedicated students.
Qualifications and Experience - The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience. They will also have an appropriate teaching degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary and added benefits related to family welfare .
GEMS employees also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save .
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.