Job description / Role
The MySQL Global Business Unit is looking for a qualified Sales Representative to sell MySQL Database Service (MDS) and HeatWave (HW) deployed on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) .
MySQL Heatwave is one of the most innovative products to be released by Oracle in the past year; Combined with selling the MySQL Database Cloud this is an opportunity to join a fast growing team selling one of the fastest growing Cloud products within Oracle
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of success selling cloud services. Be able to comprehend and articulate core cloud principles (storage, networking, security, DR, etc.), to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders. Demonstrate the ability to communicate the Oracle Cloud Value Proposition including the technical strategy of Gen 2. Understanding of cloud business drivers and how to position OCI's competitive advantage. Be intellectually curious and have a passion for MySQL, Cloud Services, as well as being able to quickly uncover customer business pains
Qualified candidates have 2-3 years of experience successfully selling cloud services to organizations ranging from SMBs through Fortune 100.
- 50%+ of weekly time spent prospecting for net new business
- Regularly forecast , manage and close 50-60 workloads (10% through active consumers) in a fiscal year utilizing Oracle Sales Cloud
- Identify, utilize, and collaborate with key internal stakeholders in assigned territory (Tech Managers, Tech SCs, Key Partners, MySQL SCs, etc.,)
- Identify and maneuver across key customer stakeholders to evangelize MDS/HW to developers and Cloud Decision Makers
- Willingness to operate as part of a large account team; sometimes not driving the opportunity; can't be a "lone cowboy"
- Ability to quickly and effectively use key ORCL Sales Tools including Territory Intelligence, Market Intelligence, Eloqua, Datafox/ZoomInfo, Sales Cloud, and LinkedIn
- Document territory plan including target companies, existing users, marketing plans, etc.,
- Ability to quickly develop, execute, and routinely modify a 30, 60, 90-day territory plan
- Ability to build and present a quarterly business review to management
- Ability to deliver an effective Infomentis or Account Planning discussion
- Understanding of how to run a discovery call.
- The minimum requirement is the ability to position an effective 3 minute "elevator pitch" focused on ORCL Cloud + MDS/HW
- BS or BA degree or applicable experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles, with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct software / IT sales (3 years+)
- Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with customers/prospects
- Aggressive, strong organizational skills, and a self-starter
- Language skills: fluent English and a local language (Arabic)
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.