Job description / Role
• The Network Administrator is responsible for overseeing network devices installations, network cabling, troubleshooting technical errors, as well as monitoring and maintaining the organization’s network infrastructure.
• Assist in resolving various IT technical support issues or changes as per request from end users.
• Perform network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting and escalating technical issues, including proactive problem resolution to maintain network performance.
• Assist in installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems.
• Develop, maintain and perform IT Technical support operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
• Installing and configuring computer systems, software, networks, printers and scanners
• Analyzing and solving hardware/software faults
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
• Provide support for IT Infrastructure related emergencies as well as on call maintenance support
• Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
• Analyzing NMDC’s Current IT Technical systems, business models and recommend updates, if required changes or upgrade in coordination with Department Head
• Supporting users on change control and system updates;
• Providing training and user manuals to users of a new system;
• Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments
• Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
• Supporting users on change control and system updates
• Research emerging technologies to decide if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Oversee the installation and configuration of new systems to customize them for the organization
• Troubleshooting and other R&D for problem solving.
• Maintaining information records and configuration files.
• Prepare timely and accurate reports in line with narrative reports that meet the requirements.
• Promote and ensure compliance with Organization’s Health & Safety policies.
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment to achieve safer working environment.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be asked to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in IT
• Certification in IT System’s administration or CCNA/ CCNP MCITP.
• Experience in overseeing network installations, troubleshooting, technical errors.
• In-depth knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls
• Working knowledge of network security concepts and configurations
• Working knowledge of IP Telephony
• In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
• Strong customer service ethos
• Knowledge of Dredging/Civil Marine industry preferable
• 04-06 years of relevant experience
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.