Network Automation Engineer (DevNet/DevNetOps)
Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come with a large technology company with operation in the UAE. Our client is looking for a Network Automation Engineer function (DevNet/DevNetOps) who will have the responsibility to codify the network state (aka infrastructure as a code) and automate configuration roll out to the devices and routine operational tasks. At the client’s site, the network automation engineer will be responsible for codifying and automating its private cloud on-prem network as well as scripting for the few other network tasks. In addition, the job holder must be able to describe in details the infrastructure or topology he is administering or used to administer, what administrative tasks did he automate and how. Furthermore, you must be able to describe, understand and accept the concept of e2e accountability for the accepted assigned task.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of network concepts, mainly routing. CCNP certification would be a big plus. Deep understanding of MP-BGP and EVPN protocols and their implementation in DC fabrics would be even a bigger plus.
- Track record of automating infrastructure tasks (Network,Linux) using Python or any other programming language (however knowledge of Python and its applications for infrastructure automation is a must).
- Track record of automating configuration management using Ansible or any other configuration management tool (however knowledge of Ansible is a must).
- Track record of using Git and Jenkins to store and deliver infrastructure configuration, including track record in writing Jenkins pipelines, including pre- and post-implementation tests.
- Understanding of YAML data-modeling and its purpose in infrastructure automation.
Hard-skills nice to have:
- Understanding of SQL, sufficient to organize storage of network data in a SQL database in a structured format.
- Understanding cloud networking (a known public cloud provider solution architect associate or network specialization certification is a big plus).
- Track record of using Terraform.
- Experience in building and maintaining NMS and inventories using open source tools (Netbox, Telegraf, Nagios, Zabbix, icinga, InfluxDB, Grafana, ELK)
Soft skills required:
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology, ability to plan and execute the work based on the agreed backlog and report all impediments proactively and clearly.
- Understanding of the concept of e2e accountability for the task and stakeholder management. Track record in stakeholder management is required.
- Ability to approach critical situations fully engaged, yet with cool mind and tolerance to the environment that can be stressful at these critical times.
- Understanding of ITSM practices and tolerance for going through tight change management protocols.
- Clear oral and written English.
- Understanding that some network changes can only be done out of working hours and acceptance that therefore out of hours work will occasionally occur.
- Readiness to be on-call as L3 support as a part of rotation (not immediately required, but can be required in the future)
Disclaimer: Please note that Black Pearl will never ask any of its candidates for any payment in any form in exchange of our service in helping candidates find a job. Our service is free to our candidates and the recruitment fee is paid by our clients.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.