Job description / Role
A nuclear medicine technologist performs nuclear imaging tests like PET (positron emission tomography) scans and SPECT (single-photon emission computed tomography) scans on patients. These tests help doctors diagnose diseases.
The technologist prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals before beginning a scan—radioactive drugs that patients receive orally, by injection, or through inhalation. These drugs allow doctors to see abnormal areas of the body. Nuclear medicine studies include the brain, thyroid, bone, cardiac, lung, kidney, and liver scans.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
• Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
• Prepare reports summarizing patient diagnostic or care activities.
• Check and approve the quality of diagnostic images before patients are discharged.
• Check the quality of diagnostic images.
• Establish and enforce radiation protection standards for patients and staff.
• Verify that medical activities or operations meet standards.
• Determine protocols for medical procedures.
• Interpret imaging data and confer with other medical specialists to formulate diagnoses.
• Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
• Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
• Prescribe radionuclides and dosages to be administered to individual patients.
• Prescribe medications.
• Review procedure requests and patients' medical histories to determine the applicability of procedures and radioisotopes to be used.
• Verify the accuracy of patient information.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. All interested and experienced.
Physicians are particularly encouraged to apply for the post with an updated CV.
About the Company
Established in 2010, SearchPlus main business focus is in Executive Search and Selection. We start by having a deep understanding of our clients industries, business processes and operational requirements. Thereafter, we assist HR managers in fulfilling their requirements for key talent and executives through our comprehensive resume database and own direct searches by short listing and identifying the best possible talent for their organizations. We represent clients from a wide spectrum of industries both local and MNCs. Our successful recruitment tract record has distinguished ourselves.
When servicing our clients requirements, we emphasize on the highest quality of service and strive to exceed our clients expectation.