Job description / Role
O&M Customer Services Leader will be responsible for the management of a multi-site Operations & Maintenance Agreement between GE International Operations (Algeria) Ltd and the Customer. The role will have key accountability with regards to customer relations and O&M P&L management while providing overall leadership to GE O&M Advisory Staff for safe and reliable plant operation and maintenance through Customer's Operations and Maintenance Workforce
- Establish and maintain positive customer intensity, relationship and communication and act as the principle Point of Contact with the Customer for all discussions relating to the O&M Agreement
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, develop and lead a skilled and effective O&M Advisory Team.
- Provide overall management required for effective maintenance of all site equipment and system
- Develop and implements maintenance strategy based on a Reliability Based Maintenance program consistent with achieving maximum plant efficiency to meet customer requirements in the most safe, reliable, economical and environmentally safe manner,
- Ensure implementation/utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) at O&M Sites
- Establish Inventory Management for critical spare parts utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and ensures maintenance of optimum stock of spares and consumables.
- Ensure adequate and efficient execution of Routine and Planned Maintenance through GE O&M Advisory Staff by utilizing the Customer's Work Force
- Ensure compliance with requirements for environmental, health and safety requirements in applicable plant operation and maintenance activities.
- Ensure implementation of Log-Out/Tag Out (LOTO) System in accordance with the Customer and Contractor's policies and procedures in line with provisions of the O&M Contract.
- Recommend Facility modifications and upgrades to the Customer to enhance plant reliability and performance.
- Coordinate with GE O&M Centre of Excellence (CoE) team, GE Engineering and other O&M support team for the resolution of complex issues relevant to maintenance,
- Drive optimization of plant operation and maintenance strategies with the aim of achieving lower cost operation and/or increased efficiency and output.
- Ensure the performance and recording of periodic maintenance checks and tests of the plant equipment in accordance with Customer's requirements, equipment manufacturers' recommendations, applicable laws and Contractor's recommendations.
- Ensure preparation and submission of plant maintenance activities reports as per requirements of the contract.
- Drive assistance to the Customer in set-up of the Facility Maintenance shop, Tool Room and laboratories;
- Ensure timely completion of plant root cause analysis for the technical events.
- Coordinate and facilitate Customer's arrangement of planned maintenance and, when possible, unplanned maintenance
- Manage the GE team to ensure optimal availability, reliability, and budgetary performance while driving Customer value and GE/Customer productivity.
- Manage the training and qualification of Customer's operations and maintenance team as per guidelines of the contract
- Identify, pursue and support GE PS O&M and CSA growth opportunities both regionally and within the confines of the contract
- Graduate Engineer in Mechanical, Electrical or Controls from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum 10 years of combined cycle power plant O&M experience with minimum 5 years in management position.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French. Arabic an advantage
- Master's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prior customer interface experience with capability to build effective customer relationship
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of an organisation.
- Proficiency with computer tools
- P&L management experience with regards to long term services contracts
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
- Ability to apply statistical methods for process improvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel from time to time as required by the Business
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.