Job description / Role
• Uphold, safeguard and promote USTF’s core values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
• Direct the assessment process of the university in accordance with organizational policies and procedures to comply with relevant bylaws.
• Manage quality assurance and institutional research (QAIR) budget and transactions in accordance with USTF policies and procedures, and optimize the cost-effectiveness of activities.
• Communicate with college deans, department heads and office directors as necessary to ensure efficient, positive support and activities.
• Anticipate research and report on future changes in assessment practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of university’s strategy, resources and procedures.
• Plan and supervise the implementation of strategic planning and activities consistent with overall mission and vision of USTF.
• Manage all reports submitted to the QAIR in the OPIE to effectively communicate with the relevant offices and colleges.
• Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant communication activities and to support overall operating functions.
• Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to institutional effectiveness activities.
• Coordinate with information technology (IT) department to assess courses, faculty, academic advisors, department heads, college deans, office heads, and service units.
• Prepare and submit meeting schedules
• Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) documents; assessment reports, remedial action plan, factbooks and other documents to relevant colleges and offices in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage to get international institutional and program accreditation and to raise the international ranking of USTF.
• Analyze and interpret statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
• Interpret instructions and issues arising, from assessment activities and then implement actions according to the academic and administrative policies and procedures.
• Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others.
• Master degree in business administration or institutional effectiveness or a relevant field.
• A minimum of 8 years of related work experience in the field of institutional research and quality assurance/improvement.
• At least 5 years’ experience in work at a University.
• Experience in institutional effectiveness, related to program and institutional accreditation and quality improvement.
• Skilled in the use of statistical software and methodologies.
• A demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology.
• Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels within the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders.
• Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team and/or chairing committees.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses his own performance.
• Emphatic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
• Well-presented and keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
• Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
• Must be a very competent writer of reports and proposals.
• Hands-on experience in managing surveys particularly achieving genuine quality development.
About the Company
University of Science and Technology of Fujairah is located at the eastern coast of United Arab Emirates, at about 120 km from Dubai. Colleges include: College of Dentistry, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, College of Engineering & Information Technology, College of Business Administration, College of Architecture, Art and Design, College of Mass Communication, College of Humanities and College of Law.
"USTF" offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs that satisfy the needs of students and employers in relation to the knowledge-based economy through the combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
The University is committed to producing globally competitive graduates who are equipped with the highest sense of professionalism and social responsibility by continually enhancing the quality of its core functions: teaching, research, training, expertise and practice, all exercised in an innovative environment.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Admin / Office Manager