Job description / Role
Deals, Business Restructuring Services - Operational Restructuring - Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Business Recovery Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.
Business Unit Overview
The Business Restructuring Services team is currently the largest restructuring practice in the Middle East, with over 35 employees operating across various offices in the region. We are a specialist regional team, working across all of our territories.
Within BRS, our Operational Restructuring practitioners work alongside Senior Executives to drive operational change at pace whether it be to reduce cost as a means of protecting margins, responding to a crisis, to generate cash or to realise the value of a deal or transaction.
We develop and implement realistic and pragmatic plans by applying restructuring and stakeholder management skills, functional knowledge, and proprietary assets and tools to support Executives in making difficult decisions and driving through change in a short timeframe.
Corporates are under significant pressure to make changes to their businesses and operating models as a result of the macro-economic and geopolitical landscape, increasing competition and ongoing revenue pressures.
We are expanding our team to support the increasing demand from our clients across a broad range of sectors to transform their operations. As well as working with a wide range of clients, you will also work with leading practitioners across the Deals, and Capital Projects teams within the Firm.
As a Manager in the team, you will be working with clients on a breadth of operational restructuring assignments, including cost reduction, and cash realisation, focused on identifying and implementing rapid sustainable performance improvements. You will also be expected to work with the broader BRS team as required, and a good level of financial literacy is expected.
- Bringing sector expertise and a demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing our clients to offer insights and value to transformation programmes
- Assimilating complex information to formulate structured, pragmatic and meaningful client recommendations.
- Undertaking analysis to understand the clients' commercial challenge and translating this into operational implications such as cost reduction, working capital improvements.
- Performing cash flow sensitivity analysis, financial baselining and forecast reviews
- Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, senior management).
- Managing stakeholders and inspiring change.
- Developing, managing and sustaining strong client relationships with clients and within the Firm.
- Drawing in expertise from different parts of the Firm to bring a compelling value proposition to clients.
- Taking responsibility for leading junior members of the team where required including coaching and upskilling of junior team members.
- Actively managing project economics and overall programme governance.
You will also be expected to actively contribute to the development of our team by:
- Supporting marketing and business development initiatives (both internally and externally) to continuously develop our position in the market.
- Managing a diverse and inclusive team.
- Coaching and acting as a role model for the junior members of the team.
Essential skills and experience:
We are looking for candidates with the experience of supporting clients throughout the operational transformation lifecycle from strategic opportunity assessment and planning through to supporting the delivery of specific initiatives.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the work, these candidates will have experience either in industry or advisory or ideally both and have the following capabilities:
- Both financial and operational quantitative analytics.
- Experience of cost base optimisation, supply chain / procurement optimisation, headcount rationalisation, operating model changes, PMO and debt management.
- Experience of working on complex operational change.
- Experience of managing stakeholders.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- High impact communication in the written and verbal form with extensive experience of presenting to clearly communicate key conclusions for a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and developing teams around you.
- Ability to leverage technology enabled and digital tools to achieve efficient delivery for our clients.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Arabic speakers are strongly preferred but not essential.
- Proven IT skills in the Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst providing you the opportunity to develop your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations.
Our hybrid ways of working offer flexibility to our working arrangements. As changes have been made to the firm and national policies with the lifting of restrictions, it is anticipated that our working practices will continue to evolve and we will return to closer working with our clients.
You will, therefore, need to be willing to travel and be flexible around your working location. This could require working away from your base office location on a regular basis and regular overnight stays may be required. Where possible, we will take your preferences into account and strike a balance between meeting your career development/personal needs and those of the business and our clients.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.