Job description / Role
At Czarnikow, our purpose is to create economic and social value by facilitating and promoting the most sustainable, efficient and cost-effective movement of products across our global supply chain. Our services include the physical trading of sugar, ingredients, and packaging, as well as the provision of value-added services such as: Logistics and Stock Management; our Sustainable Supply Programme – VIVE; Price Risk Management; Market Analysis; Financing; and Corporate Finance.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial company, with innovation and technology at the heart of everything we do. As a company which operates without physical assets, our people are our most valuable asset and are treated as such. We hope that you will want to join our team and help us realise our vision of becoming the world’s leading supply chain, pricing and financing services company.
To carry out post trade contract activities from planning shipments, payment collection, Container Demurrage and claims
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Managing the day-to-day execution of the contracts concluded by Front Desk,
• Coordinating with all parties for successful order deliveries in the supply chain management
• Custom clearance of goods - ensuring proper documentation is provided for by clients in various regions.
• Monitoring shipments by booking (direct & through agents) & tracking until the shipment is complete.
• Preparation & maintenance of shipment files in electronic
• Instructing / Appointing cargo surveyors at loading and discharging port(s)
• Issuing documentary instructions for timely preparation of shipping documents.
• To ensure that effective and accurate shipping documentation is in place.
• Issuance of invoices & chasing of payments from clients.
• Managing the payment of suppliers, freight invoices and any other costs.
• Preparing and updating the reports regularly for senior management through excel sheet and in house CRM.
• Undertaking of any other ad-hoc duties.
• To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organizational goals.
• To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
• To be fully conversant with the Employee Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation and fire and emergency procedures.
• To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager
• Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset and attributes:
• Experience with breakbulk/containerized and truck shipments and VMIs.
• Experience of letter of Credit negotiation
• Familiarity with all aspects of shipping documentation, including knowledge of UCP 600 rules, and with international
• payment terms such as LCs and bank collections.
• Experience in import/export through international seaports and use of shipping terms / Incoterms 2020.
• Experience of working in an international commercial business with sound knowledge of contract terms
• French and Arabic language is an advantage.
• Excellent PC skills - Microsoft Office essential
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Commercial awareness
• Basic accounting knowledge to include quotation and invoice experience
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent organisation skills
• Self-starter with the ability to use initiative for problem solving
About the Company
At Czarnikow, we deliver effective supply chain, pricing and financing services for all our clients. We use our specialist networks and knowledge to manage the most sustainable, efficient and cost-effective movement of products for our clients.
Buy, Sell and Move We buy, sell and move unrefined (raw) sugar and refined (white) sugar, as well as ingredient and packaging products for industrial food and beverage companies, producers, and processors.
Advise, Arrange and Derisk We provide financing, pricing, supply chain and sustainability services to create value and reduce the risks of moving products on behalf of our clients. We also have a specialised Corporate Finance team.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies