Job description / Role
Souq.com is now part of amazon family
As an Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead an inbound operation, outbound operation, or a functional process on a specified shift or across multiple shifts within an Amazon Fulfillment Center. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of exceptional talent that makes innovation possible; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team to become the best leaders they can be. To achieve this, Operations Managers are creative problem solvers who are able to dream in immense scale, interpret big data, and deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency. Some of the position’s key responsibilities include:
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers
- Leading and developing a team of 3-7 Area Managers (front-line supervisors) and 100-300 hourly associates by embodying Amazon’s Leadership Principles
- Acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Mentoring, training, and developing teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
- Creating, communicating, and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures to Area Managers and associates
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Operations Managers to balance labor
- Evaluating performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity requirements to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations
- Partnering with other managers to share best practices across shifts and the network
- We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen.
- Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak season and as needed year-round. You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations. You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
- You have a bachelor’s or MBA degree in Engineering, Operations or related field.
- You have 5 or more years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment.
- You also have experience motivating and leading a contingent workforce.
- You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You not only have experience in managing 5 or more front-line supervisors, you also lead large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks.
- You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.