Job description / Role
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a rapid growth environment. Strong background in operational efficiency and fiscal responsibility, knowing how to stretch a dollar.
The Operations Manager will oversee HR, Legal, Admin, Supply Chain, Inventory Management and Logistical Operations to ensure the successful launch of b8ta in the Middle East.
- Works with General Manager and Board of Directors to execute vision and operating plans
- Partners closely with Chalhoub services teams on a day to day basis
- Designs and implements efficient and effective policies that contribute to a strong operational culture and ensures optimal customer and partner experience
- Manages outside counsel and works with the Board and JV partners to ensure that contractual obligations are being met
- Builds the operational infrastructure to support stores operations and supply chain management
- Shares responsibility for IT/POS solutions for the organization
- Owns the relationship with JV partners to managing compliance of licensing agreements
- Oversees HR and benefits for store and corporate employees, ensuring the development of a healthy culture that promotes diversity and transparency across all levels of the organization
- Manages warehouse operations and inventory management. Ensuring that stores have the right products at the right time and that online orders are processed in in a timely manner
- Sets up and oversees customer and partner support processes
EXPERIENCE [BULLET LIST OF EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS]
- Minimum 8 years' leadership experience in retail, consumer products or a consumer facing business
- Proven track record of operational excellence
- Ability to lead external vendors and partners in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Clear and effective communicator
- Self starter with ability to execute on business priorities with little hand holding
- Proven ability to understand complex concepts and work cross-functionally
- Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Operates and thrives in chaotic and ambiguous situations
- Previous start-up (or small growth division within a large organization) a plus
- Arabic fluency a plus
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.