Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager / COO to organize and oversee the daily operations of the company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
This role will be working closely with the Founder & Creative Director and will be focused on the overall performance of the brand, utilizing limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value for the company's benefit.
The overall description is as follows:
• Monitor & Manage operations of all departments: Creative team, retail team, human resources & administration, business development, Production & Product development
• Implement best practices in order to develop, grow and manage the business
• P&L Management & Budget forecasts, optimizing expenses
• Monitoring, managing and adjusting work of the Business Development team according to the business needs to ensure highest value and achievements
• Monitoring local and international market trends to adapt the company accordingly
• Developing and cascading the organization's strategy/mission statement to the team and implementing appropriate practices to align personnel with company goals
• Coordinate with the team to ensure all the third-party utilizations are at the best price and value
• Manage all company's operations in accordance with the overall goal
• Control and evaluate office, retail & creative team to meet the business objectives
• Keep the employees well informed on business performance, new initiatives and motivate the team
• Based on evaluation of business needs direct hiring requirements to HR department in a timely manner to allow efficient and effective recruitment
• Contribute to the implementation of marketing plans in coordination with the Creative Director and the Business development team as well as third parties involved (PR agencies, social media and e-commerce management companies)
• Ensure the image of the brand is maintained consistent
• Implement best practices for product distribution between production, wholesale & retail
• Monitor retail closely and make sure the feedback collected from the front line employees is well communicated to the creative, business development and product development teams
• Initiating needed changes for the company's improvements.
• In charge of reporting to the founder and investor on behalf of all the departments
Duties of the Operations Manager / COO:
• Defining performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives.
• Reporting to the owner on operation activities towards business goals.
• Restructuring business activities to increase speed and efficiency.
• Working alongside other members of the business on business projects.
• Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement.
• All aspects of Day to day management of the operations team.
• Implementing lean management procedures to minimize stock holding and free up working capital.
• Researching opportunities for cost savings across the business.
• Staying up to date with technological changes within the industry.
• Minimizing operation expenditure within the business wherever possible.
• Developing leadership and coaching programs to increase employee effectiveness.
• Directing all operational activities across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A natural leader overseeing all operational activities for the organization, identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems and translating the company’s strategic plans and vision into defined operational plans.
We are looking for a young, dynamic personality with proven leadership skills and previous experience with startup and emerging brands, someone who is looking to have their hands everywhere and has:
• University degree or above related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years relevant managerial experience, preferably in luxury segment
• People management, as well as coaching and mentoring skills
• Required language skills: English (Russian, French, Arabic - would be an added advantage)
• Strong business Acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
• Result-oriented and sales-driven
• Organized and analytical
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Good interpersonal skills
• Familiar with local and international markets trends and being able to build accordingly
About the Company
A leading contemporary luxury fashion brand in the UAE.