Operations Manager / Director - European AgTech Business - Engineering
Job description / Role
eMagine Solutions have partnered with an European engineering company who are pioneering the AgTech space. Their solution is based upon professional and academic research and is now essential to securing the food security of the GCC region. The space is booming with solutions such as Automated Farm Equipment, Vertical Farming, RFID, Real-Time Kinematic, Crop & Soil Monitoring & Management and their solution is agnostic and able to implement and compliment all of these.
The role of the Operations Manager / Director is to oversee the executions of multiple projects in the UAE, in various Emirates. Your main focus will be on the day-to-day on the ground operations and will be ensuring that all the moving parts are running smoothly, due to the application of their technology you would be expected to visit the site /field and be very hands on. Surface issues from the field and communicate to executives and Ops leadership team
The next part of the role would be focused around strategy and innovation, you would also be reporting to the CxO level and would be expected to provide an insight into the Financial (P&L), Manpower and Logistical situation.
Engineering Degree and / or Background
• Communicate with, and actively coach, mentor, and manage, UAE team members
• Jump into Operations leadership frequently to facilitate field robot operations, logistics, and administration
• Provide leadership from strategic planning through "getting it done" on daily mundane tasks
• Contribute content to joint management tools such as Jira, wiki.js, and other Ops tools and experience with structured methodologies such as PMP, Six Sigma, Prince etc
AED 40,000 to 45,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: +Medical
What we’re looking for:
• Required: 10+ years of operational leadership in a challenging field (including but not limited to: agriculture, O&G, logistics or special operations, complex/heavy machinery)
• Required: Experience directly managing teams with mixed backgrounds, skillsets and capabilities
• Required: Exceptional ability to communicate and coordinate, through voice, video, written communication, and presentations, across levels of management and across multiple geographies
• Required: Excitement and maturity to build relationships with world-leading produce growers and their teams
• Required: B.S. or relevant degree
• Required: Willingness and excitement to work in an unstructured, outdoor environment, as you will be spending a good amount of time working on sites
• Highly Preferred: Prior experience with startups, Oil and Gas, heavy hardware or robotic applications, and/or unstructured environments
• Preferred: Experience with hiring, training and people development
About the Company
eMagine Solutions is one of the leading authorities on leadership and talent globally. Our combined resources of over 100 years professional experience mean that our clients trust us with finding them the top talent globally and candidates trust us to find them the right opportunity in a timely and confidential manner.
Throughout our offices we provide complete solutions for our clients, including traditional temporary and permanent recruitment, executive search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), salary survey's, market mapping and training and development courses.
Our global client list work with us not only because of our expertise but also because of our honesty, integrity and passion.
Ignite Search & Selection
Head of Operations
RTC-1 Employment Services
TGC Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
Warehouse Logistics Manager
A Leading Company In UAE