Operations Manager - Wear That
Job description / Role
OPERATIONS MANAGER, WEAR THAT
We are looking for a bright, kind and goal-oriented Operations Manager to join the Wear That Leadership Team. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a large team (14) of Warehouse Staff, Station Specialists, Associates and Customer Support.
This Role Will Oversee Four Primary Functions
Our Receiving department is the first line of our operation, receiving, tagging, categorizing, and binning 100% of our new inventory. This department also works extensively with our merchandising department on issues from billing to product quality to inventory counts.
The Returns department runs the entirety of our returns operation, who process current inventory returns back into active inventory and manage quality control to the highest standard so we can continue to delight our customers!
This is our largest team, responsible for every aspect of the shipping process including picking, hand folding, and shipping as well as quality control to ensure we are delighting our customers with every "pink box".
Our Customer Service, responsible to respond to customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints via phone, email, chat, or social media in a timely and professional manner. Assist customers with product selection, ordering, payment, shipping, returns, and refunds. Our Customer Support team, resolve issues and escalate to appropriate parties as needed. Keep accurate records of customer interactions and transactions. This department provides feedback to management on common customer issues and potential improvements to products or services.
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
- Manage a diverse and dynamic workforce
- Building out an exceptional team of bright, kind and goal oriented employees
- Provide developmentally focused training and coaching that inspires our Associates to be their best selves
- Establishing a sustainable foundation of processes, policies and SOP's that will help successfully grow and scale the site
- Managing performance in accordance with Wear That values
- Driving our amazing culture as we build out this facility from the ground up
- Manage employee schedules to ensure daily headcount accuracy
- Communicate company objectives, changes in policy, and other company- or warehouse-wide changes to team
- Be the voice of the Associates. Collect questions, ideas and suggestions from team members and help implement solutions.
- Communicate with the Management team on current and future headcount needs
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment
- Devise, communicate, and employ processes and policies that ensure a safe working environment
- Own our operations metrics and drive process improvement
- Prepare and organize daily performance data, and send reports to department Managers.
- Review daily performance data and analyze for trends. Leverage analysis and in-warehouse observations to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Communicate KPIs and daily targets to team, and monitor in-day performance against objectives
- Coordinate with team members, facility leaders, and engineering as applicable to address issues and shift resources as needed to meet daily goals
- Keep a close eye on the space to isolate and address issues with employee and product flow, safety, and capacity limitations
- Implement new processes and production changes
- Own process documentation, including location, maintenance, and sharing of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU...
- You have a consistent eye toward improvement along with the ability to roll with regular system and process improvements
- You work exceptionally well with others and have strong communication skills
- You have top-notch organization skills and a strong attention to detail
- You have experience with MS Excel, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- You have a passion for data analysis and finding meaning in the numbers
- You love delighting our clients
- You are enthusiastic and excited to manage change in a rapidly growing and evolving company and champion our amazing culture
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE...
- You have 8+ years of warehouse experience (required)
- You have 2+ years of leadership or management experience (required)
- You have a bachelor's degree
- Retail experience appreciated
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT WEAR THAT BECAUSE...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Being every real girls styling solution"
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Wear That
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.