Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on a large hospitality project in one of the emirates of the UAE.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the team's full compliance with Mace scope of the project.
• Managing and being fully accountable for the entire project.
• Directing and managing your subordinates in a professional, inclusive, and caring manner.
• Establishing project strategies, agreed with the client, and ensure these are captured in the project execution plan and other plans as required and are communicated, understood, and complied with.
• Ensuring the project planning and monitoring of the progress is in line with the strategic goals and in compliance with Mace procedures.
• Reporting of issues is accurate and timely.
• Ensuring the project team develops all necessary project plans and keeps them updated and relevant over the course of the project.
• Ensuring project budgets are managed and matters of concern are raised to the client, with recommendations and strategies for VE or remedies of problems where possible.
• Ensure quality systems are in place and suitably managed and monitored.
• Managing the team, and chairing relevant senior meetings, ensuring these are recorded as required.
• Managing risk management.
• Ensuring the team effectively communicates with all project parties/stakeholders and ensure suitable records are maintained.
• Encouraging the team's involvement in Mace foundation, responsible business, and other such initiatives, all in line with Mace vision.
• Ensuring the Mace account is always administered in a timely manner and all debt is managed.
• Being proactive in managing the happiness and well-being of your team.
• You have a degree qualified in a relevant discipline and 25+ years of experience.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You have experience working on large infrastructure projects/programmes.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.