Job description / Role
We are looking for an Operations & Projects Manager to join our superb team here in Dubai South.
• Responsible for all projects planning, scheduling, organisation, and execution
• Budget vs Forecast vs Actual cost analysis on projects
• Installation contractor and labour arrangements, contracts, orders, payment certifications
• Project safety documentation / site access docs and arrangements
• Sub-Contractor Appointment / Labour PP, Visa & EID documents and CAR Insurance and TL validation
• Applying Free zone gate pass for installers to Access via PCFC or any other FZ Entity liaise with Client Reps
• Arrange and monitor tools to be inspected and checked, Schedule for Client Visits, PPE checks for every site
• On-site project management
• Planning and time/cost input to estimations. Coverage of estimators when on leave
• Problem solving
• Project completion certs & reports
• Order production follow up assigning with UK HQ - Follow up with 3PL / UK HQ
• Readiness of goods and arrange freight services via agent for respective collection & vessel arrangements and coordination for various Destinations across the Middle EAST
• Shipping / Collection of Pallets - from UK / UAE 3PL – Paperwork for UAE & UK shipments, country of origin stamping, invoicing & packing lists.
Business services and Operations Support (inclusive of PRO Services)
• Paperwork for new / renewal of staff visa / TL / Tenancy / Dubai Trade / Dubai Chamber Membership Renewal / LGP renewal of Stocks via Unisys
• Client Cheque Collection and Deposit in the Bank, Liaise with Bank RM team for Letters & Instrument handling
• Arrange Mails/ Posts to be collected from the PO box in DWC facility and renewal annually
• Arrange Legal Docs via Courier to UK for signature, Clients for submit or collect cheque & Customs documents
• Prepare general reports and ad-hoc support admin:
AED 8,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: +Benefits
• Engineering / Projects Management Degree or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent computer skills, expert in Excel (this will be tested)
• Excellent spoken English (Arabic a plus). Written communication must be of highest standard
• Knowledge of international shipping, Logistics documentation and processes
• Valid UAE Driving licence & own car (milage expenses provided)
• At least 3 references from past jobs (these will all be contacted and interviewed)
About the Company
A-SAFE is the inventor and manufacturer of fixed, polymer safety barriers, used around the world to offer unbeatable, cost saving protection for buildings, personnel and equipment.
Made from a patented polyolefin blend called MemaplexTM, A-SAFE barriers absorb and dissipate impacts from vehicles or hardware, protecting structures, people and machinery and offering huge cost savings in maintenance, replacement products and down-time.
Rigorously FEA tested using an in-house Research & Development team and independently verified by TUV, A-SAFE barriers are a giant leap forward for modern health and safety practices and requirements in the workplace.
A-SAFE products have been rolled out as best practice across the world by Nestle, and other recent clients include Coca-Cola, BMW, 3M, Heathrow Airport, Unilever, Amazon, Heineken and Jaguar-Land Rover.
The company was formed in Halifax, UK in 1984 and now has offices in ten countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavia, USA, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Australia) and resellers in over 60 more.
A-SAFE also regularly create bespoke pieces for clients which address individual issues of safety concern and compliance. The company also has systems for testing the performance characteristics of existing barrier systems and are able to suggest best products and procedures should a company's barriers be unfit for purpose.
A-SAFE won the Queens Award for International Trade in 2014.