Job description / Role
Operations Supervisor - ITS (UAE National)
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented ITS Operations Supervisor to join our team! In this role, you will get to supervise, monitor, and operate Traffic Management Center (TMC) Systems and related activities to ensure smooth traffic flow within the road network of the Emirate of Dubai contributing towards RTA’s vision of DITSC becoming a “Top 5 TMC in the world”.
What You'll be Doing:
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of Dubai Intelligent Traffic Systems Center (DITSC) Traffic Management Center (TMC).
• Oversee Operator tasks execution to ensure proper information is being disseminated to motorists through iTraffic (Dynamic Message Signs).
• Supervision of TMC operators and ensuring that all critical faults are reported to the concerned teams in a timely fashion and in line with signed SLA.
• Lead RTA Operators during emergencies, major incidents, and critical failures in close coordination with the Chief Supervisor.
• Continuously coordinate with other centers as required including EC3, Dubai Police, TIM Teams, Maintenance Personnel, Tram Operators and escalate as per the approved communication protocols of the DITSC.
• Ensure proactive road network monitoring via available CCTV and traffic detection tools in the DITSC.
• Support RTA operation team during major special events such as National Day, GITEX, and New Year’s Eve.
• Liaise with DITSC internal and external stakeholders as needed to ensure smooth traffic operations and accurate/prompt faults reporting is maintained.
• Preparation of regular reports such as Shift Reports and Daily Operations Reports.
• Respond to incidents, faults, and events in compliance with DITSC approved processes, procedures, and policies.
• Observe major road diversions and implement approved response plans in close coordination with ITS401 Traffic Operations Engineers, Chief Supervisors, and RTA team.
• Full awareness and understanding of present Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensuring compliance of TMC Operators with approved SOPs.
• Bachelor degree or diploma in any major
• Minimum 1 year of experience in any relevant field
• Able to effectively comprehend, communicate effectively and in writing in the English language
• Have experience in using Microsoft Windows-based software applications and word processors
• Only UAE Nationals with family book or Marcum will be considered for this role
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Operations Administrator / Junior Accountant