Job description / Role
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Data Management BDM Leader - MEA
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Data Management Business Development Leader will be focusing on the MEA region and responsible for the demand generation related activities around Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Data Management Solutions.
Main responsibilities of this role are:
• Have a primary focus on: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Autonomous DB Service, ExaCS & C@C, database consolidation, move Oracle’s workload to OCI, DR on OCI, and data security.
• Supporting and driving the cloud consumption initiative in the context of moving existing Oracle workload to OCI, data management on OCI and Cloud @ Customer.
• Leveraging strategic data management initiatives with our large customers
• Be able to deliver the Oracle OCI value-proposition for our customer, with a C-Level tone
• Representing Oracle in public speeches and marketing events
• Oversee incubating future OCI and data management Cloud Services
• Position Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) as the best IaaS/PaaS for Oracle and non-Oracle installed base
• Define strategies and initiatives to generate long term and short-term customer success and business results with a focus on sustainable cloud business development.
• Territory and industry research/insights to formalize a go to market territory strategy and create a qualified target account list together with Oracle sales teams.
• Pipeline development through a combination of go-to-market initiatives, campaigns, and events/workshops facilitation. Elaborate campaigns and initiatives to drive the Oracle Cloud business and foster cross-LOB collaboration.
• Engage with prospect organizations to position the Oracle solution through value-based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data in collaboration with Oracle sales teams.
• Continuous improvement in self-research, learning and readiness on the new product offerings. Also focus on competitive offerings and technologies to be able to clearly articulate the Oracle advantage.
• Drive field sales and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure solutions awareness/delivery readiness by executing a readiness campaign for those stakeholder groups. The overall target is to ensure an adequate level of sales awareness/readiness among these stakeholder groups leveraging a mix of delivery mechanisms (face-to-face workshops, webcasts, events, etc.)
• Working closely with cloud sales team and account cloud engineers (ACEs) to ensuring cloud consumption growth.
• Working closely with product manages and other teams from outside MEA to drive Oracle cloud programs in MEA and ensure alignment with local MEA priorities.
8 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.