Job description / Role
Title: Outlet Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Hierarchy: Reporting Asst. F&B Operations Manager & F&B Operations Manager
Direct Subordinates: Head Waiter
Indirect Subordinates: Captain, Waiter, Waitress, Hostess, Bus Boy
- Under the guidance and supervision of the F&B Manager, and within the limits of established MP policies, oversees and directs all aspects of the restaurant operation.
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- Provides functional assistance and direction to the F&B operation as assigned.
- Coordinates functions and activities with certain hotel department heads and F&B department heads.
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including but not limited to clients, supplies, government officials, competitors and other members of local community.
- Makes sure that every guest in the restaurant is being granted full attention, reception and best possible care. That, with his friendly and courteous attitude, he supports and maintains the good reputation of the hotel.
- Is thoroughly with the sales-program and constantly informed on all promotions, novelties and changes in the sales-program.
- Continuously trains subordinates and developing new training program and training methods, makes sure that his employees are trained and follow the MP rules, and that the on the job training is done on a daily basis.
- Maintains a good communication between restaurant and kitchen through the F&B manager.
- Builds a disciplined, well harmonizing team, especially in view of:
- Careful introduction of new employees.
- Strict following of the general service requirements and basic service rules attached to this job description.
- Strict following of service standards attached to this job description.
- Strict following of closing and opening check lists attached to this job description (follow up).
- Strict following of cleaning check lists attached to this job description (follow up).
- Strict following of the shift handover checklist (follow up).
- Daily briefings of the shifts in absence of Restaurant Manager
- Efficient scheduling of all employees.
- Station schedule daily.
- Human and professional development of his subordinates.
- Organizes his department in such a way that the department functions well, also during his absence.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions he contributes to a continuous improvement of the entire operation.
- Makes sure that the rules stated in the "service staff duty manual" are executed in his outlet.
- Performs special duties and projects as assigned by F&B manager and assistants.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted and seated by the service staff or by him/her self.
- Makes sure that the service staff has permanently a clean appearance (including complete uniform, tag, polished shoes, perfect grooming, decent make up for waitress, dressed hair etc..), and gives the impression of a well trained organized and disciplined team.
- Trains and supports his employees with the help of the training manager in active and efficient recommending and selling.
- Participates in decoration and preparing the restaurant for promotions and special events.
- Informs his employees continuously on all promotion, specialties and other sales activities.
- Ensures a proper, correct order taking to speed-up service and that guests get the right order of his dishes.
- Actively participates in order taking, sales efforts, service and guest relations.
- Handles all complains generously, efficiently and according to the MP Company principles.
- Ensures a working discipline and a smooth team work between service and other departments.
- Makes sure that all rules and regulations according to MP guidelines are in use.
- Set-up is done according to the manual.
- Makes sure that the working and station schedules are done on time.
- Organizes replacements for absence in case of vacation, holidays, (holiday schedule for one year), illness and off-days.
- Organizes all holidays and vacation schedules till the end of January of each year.
- Evaluates the performance of each of his employees at least once a year. The results of these evaluations are then used as a basis for promotions, bonus and other benefits.
- Is fully in charge for the daily and weekly service classes.
- Is aware of the menu, beverage list, and other promotions in order to train his staff on the job and in classes.
- Solves daily operation problems with the daily training on the job. He knows that the most important training is the training on the job. His presence allows him to correct any mistakes on the spot.
- Concentrates especially for trainees and bus boys and work out individual training programs for them.
- Trains on SAM on a daily basis.
- Trains his subordinates on the general requirements as per OSM.
- Trains his subordinates on all check lists.
- Make out and sign the daily material orders.
- Ensures a careful handling of all restaurant material.
- Controls all restaurant material and eliminates chipped, broken or cracked dishes.
- Helps with the end-of-month or end-of-year inventory in his area of responsibility
- Gives everything within his capacity to achieve the yearly budgets and goals set by the management.
- For control purposes he continuously compares budgeted sales figures with actual figures and discusses the results with his assistants and if necessary with his entire team.
- Coordinates group movements, handling of vouchers and proper settlement of checks between cashier, front office and restaurant.
- Controls and countersign all mistakes occurring within the ordering-system.
- Keeps all restaurant furnishings clean and polished in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Makes sure all damaged furniture and machines are repaired with a maintenance request.
- Controls and reports all defective lighting, fixtures and other electrical matters.
- Controls and ensures cleanliness of the guest restroom facilities at least twice a day.
- Is familiarized with all emergency procedures and assure that all of his employees are informed of the pertinent emergency procedures.
- Good command of English and one other language used by majority of staff.
- Five years' experience in 5 Star Hotels.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Micros.
Note: Customization may be included for any specific local or legislative requirements, such as work permits
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.