This position is closed or expired.
See other Service Supervisor jobs in UAE
A new and exciting opening at the Els Club - Dubai Sports City exists for an Outside Services Supervisor.
The purpose of this role is to create a positive experience for customers by assisting guests and members with outside services and providing guidance to other Guest Services associates.
• Works with the Tournament Coordinator to organize all groups/outings that are taking place on a specific day and prepares staff and facility for all these events.
• Greet golfers at bag drop and unload their golf bags from their carts.
• Maintains accurate records of golfers renting clubs, service the customer who is renting golf clubs, and clean rental clubs upon return.
• Ensures the overall upkeep of the clubhouse, cart storage area and parking lot. Shares responsibility of cleaning golf shops, restrooms, and patio area.
• Inventories and controls all guest supplies.
• Assist in monitoring and policing all player service activity and etiquette. Assists in educating players regarding course policy, current cart policy, and speed of play.
• Maintains the cart storage area and cart wash down area in a neat and clean
• Prepares golf carts for play following the standards of Troon Golf. Ensures proper staging of golf carts during the day.
• Assists players by changing golf spikes and cleaning golf clubs.
• Performs range maintenance such as: presenting practice facility with practice balls, bag stands, den caddies and/or ball pyramids, and maintains ball inventory over the course of the day.
• May direct start of play.
• Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Guest Services Attendants, Starters.
• Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Assists manager in communicating any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
• Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Attends staff meetings.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be required: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; to write simple correspondence; to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
May be required: to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
May be required: to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, feel or handle, talks or hear. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Certificates/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences.
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Salary for the role will be: Salary AED 2500 per month plus accommodation, transportation, three meals per day, staff uniform, staff training, unlimited Golf and finally career advancement opportunities within Troon Golf.
About the Company
Dubai Sports City is spread in 50 million sq km in the heart of Dubai Land, offering world class facilities in sports, commercial and residential real estate. It's been conceptualized as a city within a city, where you can get everything from state-of-the-art sports venues and international sporting events, to top of the line sports academies, providing a platform for youth development, recreational sporting facilities, residential and commercial developments, together with all the related amenities expected in a purpose-built city, including international schools, medical facilities, hotels, community centers and entertainment venues.
The world's first integrated sports city Centrally located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai Sports City is 20 minutes away from the Airport, 10 minutes from the Mall of the Emirates, and 5 minutes drive from the Autodrome Formally launched in March 2004 as a cornerstone project of Dubailand Total project cost - US$4 billion The first facility to be completed in Dubai Sports City was the 18-hole championship golf course, The Els Club, Ernie Els first golf course design concept in the Middle East, operational since March 2008 The ICC Global Cricket Academy (ICC GCA), based at Dubai Sports City, the focal point of world class cricket development, offering players, coaches, umpires and trainers at all levels the opportunity to develop their education and skills The Dubai Cricket Stadium opened in April 2009 and has been hosting several international events An American curriculum school opened in September 2009 Currently having over 300 students Brand-new, purpose-built nursery, located in Dubai Sports City, is in walking distance of the Victory Heights and Canal Residence West residential community The community has self sufficient water and irrigation facilities Over 5,000 residents currently living at DSC 30,000 new residents expected in the next 5 years with the addition of 1200 new villas and 35 new towers 50,000 residents expected once the community reaches its peak