Job description / Role
Our clients' top-ranked construction and dispute resolution team are seeking a Paralegal to join their busy and fast-growing team.
The job entails a variety of responsibilities, many of which require initiative and self-motivation on the part of the individual. The position will require the candidate with good organisational and IT skills, who likes to juggle responsibilities and likes to deal with people.
• Supports fee earners in all aspects of their work and responsibilities to operate at optimum efficiency at all times.
• Assists in preparation of pro forma invoices and other administration matters such as opening matter, setting up files, filing correspondence, etc.
• Assisting fee earners with document searches, assembles research and produces clear, accurate findings.
• Ensures confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and information.
• Assists in updating and managing precedent library and information bank. Recognises changes that require the amendment of precedents and produces draft documents if required.
• Manages own time efficiently and delivers work on time according to requirements and keeps Partners/internal clients up to date with developments as appropriate.
• If required be in charge of ensuring that internal training sessions are completed by liaising with speakers to distribute materials in advance of programmes and keeping training records.
• Responsible for organising documentation for any training days and keeping documentation up to date for registering the Fee earner trainings for CPD points.
• Coordinate with fee earners ensuring the minimum CPD requirements are met.
• Manages the administrative elements of medium-sized client pitches and tenders in conjunction with Partners.
• Attend and engage with clients at events such as seminars, workshops and training, where appropriate.
• Build and successfully maintain effective working relationships internally and develop a firm wide profile.
Technical Experience and Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have law degree
• Minimum 3 years' paralegal experience ideally in dispute resolution
• Good IT skills, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Personal Skills / Attributes
• Ability to work to short deadlines and in a non-directive environment
• Able to interact effectively at all levels and is a good team player
• A strong eye for detail
• A willingness to learn, be adaptable and comfortable with change
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to project professionalism and enthusiasm at all times
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Paralegal - Litigation - Global Law Firm
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Associate (NQ - 3 PQE) - International Law Firm
Irwin & Dow