Job description / Role
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
The Paralegal will provide guidance and support to the different attorneys across the Legal Department and contribute a wide variety of corporate and commercial file support.
- Proofreading documents, letters, memos, and presentations, for typos
- Assisting with producing print / signature ready documents
- Completing and reviewing any administrative documents, procedures and forms related to the incorporation and compliance of legal entities
- Filing, organizing, and maintaining a register of filings and other legal records
- Preparing and organizing signature process and safekeeping of original documents
- Arranging for couriers, ensuring time-sensitive material are timely received
- Managing archive of legal documents in digital database
- Undertaking audits on the legal database to ensure documents are filed correctly
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies in a file
- Assisting with KYC requests relating to the group structure and its shareholders
- Translating and/or validating external translations
- Uploading internal and external invoices onto payment system; follow up with accounts on payments
- Coordinating with other areas/departments of the Group to develop efficient procedures/communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs
- Coordinating outside services, either directly or through support departments, and acting as a liaison with involved third parties
- Training new attorneys in local office and department procedures and technical aspects of the Paralegal area of expertise
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years in a corporate environment (preferably, within the legal department) or government entity
- Excellent Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Knowledge of legal concepts and methodologies
- Experience with corporate commercial law or contract law
- Experience setting up Free Zone companies
- Fluency in spoken and written English required; French and/or Arabic preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced corporate environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Being Inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Driving Results
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Meeting Management
- Microsoft Office
- Office Administration
- Planning and Organizing
- Project Management
- Records Management and Archiving
- Understanding & Developing Self
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.