Job description / Role
As Paralegal, you will report to the Vice President Legal and will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal and administrative assistance to the Legal department. This person will also be responsible for managing all legal requests from the relevant business units under supervision of the Vice President - Legal, including contract management, legal writing, contract drafting, independent client management and administrative assistance.
* Our client is a major group in the UAE
Reporting directly to the Vice President - Legal, this person will have the following responsibilities:
* Act as a key legal departmental liaison, and representative of the legal department with internal and external clients, including attending external and internal meetings and negotiations;
* Seek and ensure that all necessary approvals as per the Delegation of Authority as well as compliance policies are procured from all concerned parties before engrossing the agreements and dispatching for signing;
* Meet with the business units to discuss the terms and conditions of the agreements, respond to their inquiries, and provide information/documents as may be requested.
* Prepare and validate reports providing updates on departmental legal projects and processes.
* Draft and prepare a variety of legal correspondence and legal documents utilising a variety of software applications, including correspondence with external parties and Dubai courts.Manage communications / interoffice memoranda and correspondence between the Legal Department and the group business units.
* Ensure that legal documentation is received in full and coordinate with the relevant parties for the provision of required additional/missing information and ensure the Group legal maintains up to date records of all transactions.
* Receive, process, and manage legal documents, which involves preparing, reviewing, drafting, amending and/or producing the relevant leasing, land bank and commercial documents under the supervision of Vice President, Legal.
* Attractive salary
* Opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth and success of an exciting business
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Law
* 2- 4 years of experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal;
* Proficiency in English, both written and verbal;
* Arabic is a plus;
* Excellent understanding of the basic principles, concepts and methodology of legal proceedings and legal research
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task effectively in a high volume and complex environment with changing priorities.
* High level of professionalism and work-ethic.
* Proficient Word Processing Skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Strong inter-personal skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Legal Advisor cum In House Corporate Paralegal
RTC-1 Employment Services
Legal Practice Assistant
Associate - Banking