Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An existing career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, Park Operations Department as Park Services Team Leader. In this role you are responsible to provides Park Services support but not limited to Supervise work activities of the Janitorial team to ensure overall Hygiene, cleanliness and order Parkwide maintaining the Stipulated standards.
- Assigns team members their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Prioritizes tasks and assigned duties to achieve set deadlines.
- Conducts periodic quality checks to ensure assigned tasks were delivered as expected.
- Ensures appropriate Inventory and Coordinates with external vendors for maintenance of all Cleaning equipment and tools.
- Prepares Internal or Guest related Incident reports for management review.
- Follows procedures for the Safe use of Hazardous chemicals and powered equipment to prevent damage to property and/or deviate from work accidents.
- Investigates Guests complaints regarding Cleanliness standards and takes corrective action.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Conducts orientation training and on the job training to explain work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Conducts Inventory checks to ensure adequate supplies.
- Makes recommendations to improve service standards and ensure a more efficient operation.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergencies or staff shortage demonstrating team effort.
- Has an eye for detail to determine need for repairs or replacement of equipment and report to the relevant department for corrective action and follow up.
- Attends staff briefings for General discussions and ways to Deliver Positive Guests Experiences.
- Issues supplies and equipment to team members following internal processes.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, time-sheets, and prepares periodic reports.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Minimum of High School Education / Certification
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in UAE in a Housekeeping Role.
- Would have worked in a Team Leader position for at least 1 year leading a team
- Proven Team Leader that works well in a fast paced, hourly goal driven environment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A Strong team player with a GO GETTER attitude
- Should have good knowledge to operate Cleaning powered equipment and Chemicals application.
- Positive attitude
- Adapt to a changing work environment
- Work Week- flexible work week to match operating hours
- Available for overtime work as schedule requires
- Available for extended and fluctuating work hours per operational demands
- A recognized diploma or degree, preferably relevant to the field of work
- Safety skills training / certification
- IAAPA certifications
- 2 years' experience at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction
- Attention to safety
- Background in hospitality industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, Fun loving and cheerful
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long term future in the company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Team Leader II - Atlantis Aquarist
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
A Leading Medical Enterprise In The UAE
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
RTC-1 Employment Services