Job description / Role
• Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities.
• At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Work with the kitchen Pastry Chef & Executive Chef to improve food quality, service, cleanliness, merchandizing and promotions.
• Train, supervise, counsel and discipline Culinary associates for the efficient operation of the outlet.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
• Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments with the support of his Chef de Partie.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services.
• Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
• Organize special events in the restaurant such as promotions, receptions with the support of his Chef de Partie.
• Maintain communications with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met.
• Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis.
• Move throughout facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality, kitchen safety and hygiene standards are met.
• Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
• Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Maintain profitability restaurants ensuring budgets are achieved and support overall hotel operation.
• Control food, payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained.
• Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of Pastry operation.
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
• Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed.
• Liaise and maintain good guest relations with patrons to ensure dining satisfaction is exceeded at all times.
• Monitor outlet activity and trouble shoot as needed.
• Attend outside as well as internal promotions, meetings or training to remain current with food and beverage knowledge.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Pastry Chef & Executive Chef.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.