Job description / Role
• Provides information in response to queries about the Hospital's services, and handles and resolves patient complaints
• Manages and schedules doctors' appointments via the Hospital Information System
• Directs patients and visitors to appropriate areas in the Hospital
• Handles telephone calls and messages; assists callers by providing necessary information about the hospital.
• Generates timely and accurate bills, receipts and refunds
• Collects cash, updates patients' accounts, and manages all relevant billing processes
• Attends to all formalities regarding admission and discharge of in-patients
• Checks the eligibility of credit customers.
• Checks for limits, if any, for corporate clients and also for covered/ uncovered treatments
• Checks for pre-authorization of specific treatments whenever required
• Generates cash summary and reports
• Performs daily reconciliation of collection summary with cash remittance
• Computer literacy at intermediate level and a good understanding of MS Office applications
• Excellent customer service skills are essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Relevant experience working in an environment using computerized systems; experience with Hospital Information Systems will be well regarded
• Familiarity with different medical insurance companies, including knowledge of relevant policies and processes, will be an advantage
• Knowledge of medical terminology will be an advantage
• Previous experience in the Health Care Industry or in a customer service environment
• Experience in both reception and billing, preferably in a hospital setting
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good attention to detail
About the Company
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Previously EHL Management Services, the company became Mediclinic Middle East when its majority shareholder, Mediclinic International, acquired all remaining shares from its partners Varkey Group and General Electric in October 2012.
Mediclinic Middle East owns and operates some of the most respected healthcare facilities in the region. These include Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Mediclinic City Hospital, Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Mediclinic Ibn Battuta, Mediclinic Meadows, Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, Mediclinic Mirdif, Mediclinic Al Qusais, Mediclinic Al Sufouh and Mediclinic Beach Road.