Job description / Role
• Works collaboratively with clients and stakeholders in both a Government Supranational Organization, Commercial Banks and Central Banks to research, analyses, validate and document business requirements and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect true business needs, correctly representing all stakeholders.
• Translates business needs into system/ application requirements and project components to help determine solutions to business problems.
• Assists team members in producing functional requirements for scheme development.
• Proactively identifies and manages changes to requirements and identify risks for the company’s clients.
• Effectively manages client’s expectations. Applies industry and information technology expertise to support proposals, feasibility studies, implementations and new business development.
• Work in a team of SMEs to advice on the RTGS System rules and maintenance.
• In a second phase, work in a Business Outsourcing Service role to support, manage and support participants Banks and Institutions in all on-going On-boarding activities, technical issues and queries.
• Design and document detailed task and activities to onboard participants into the RTGS platform. From all aspects (SWIFT, VPN connectivity, Core Banking system), test and onboard participants into production.
• Assist all participants with queries, and provide technical assistance from project planning, dependencies and technical requirement perspective.
• Between 10 to 15 years of Experience in the finance industry at large
• Experience in the implementation of payment systems
• Experience in client facing roles
• Understanding of automated clearing systems and real-time settlement systems
• Understanding of instant payments processing
• Previous experience at the intersection of banking and Technology
• Excellent understanding of international standards such as ISO15022 and ISO20022
• Experience with Core Banking Systems (for example: T24, Finastra)
• Experience in RTGS, Instant Payment and Trade Finance solution is a strong Plus
• Understanding of account-to-account payment flows and use cases
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Experience at working in a complex multi-vendor environment
• Must be based in UAE or willing to relocate to the UAE (Abu Dhabi or Dubai)
• Comfortable being present at client location for long periods of time
• Master Degree in Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or Engineering
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||28 Dec|
Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jan|
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|
Accountant Payable for an Oil and Gas Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE