Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai Wafi scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2019, will be Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 501 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 86 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travellers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai Wafi will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist – Payroll Manager, and help us to make Sofitel Dubai Wafi a truly welcoming destination!
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain confidentiality in regards to payroll related information.
• Keep track of overtime forms from every department and ensure that the forms are issued and authorized/signed by respective Department Head and Senior Management.
• Follow up with HR in regards to attendance records and insure the absence has been entered correctly into the HR Admin module before the cut-off date each month.
• Collect and verify basic payroll information from approved payroll documents such as status change form, new joiner form and payroll allowances and deduction forms.
• Co-ordinate with HR Department on matter concerning employees’ basic pay including end of service and vacation, allowances, deductions and all other benefits such as air tickets.
• Post the monthly service charge paid-outs and verify the posted balance to the distribution sheet.
• Post the monthly tips and various commission (i.e. upsell and Spa) paid-outs and verify the posted balance to the distribution sheet.
• Ensure that all garnishments and payroll advances are deducted in a timely manner and reconciled accordingly.
• Ensure that vacation, EOS (End of Service) and Air Ticket entitlements and accruals are in accordance with the HR document and employee’s contract.
• Produce a monthly basic pay reconciliation vs. previous month.
• Compute and ensure the accuracy of the payroll register and submit to Director of Finance, Director of HR and GM and for approval.
• Prepare the bank salary transfer letters and manual payroll cheques and submit to Director of Finance and GM and for approval.
• Prepare the following monthly journal entries and submit to Director of Finance the latest by the first day of the month:
• PY50_RDB Payroll wages
• PY51_RDB Payroll Journal Entry Hours
• PY54_Vacation Accruals
• PY55_EOS Accruals
• PY56_Air ticket Accruals
• Print and distribute pay slips after payroll has been debited from the hotel’s bank account.
• Track and maintain vacation outstanding and lieu days outstanding.
• Submit monthly outstanding vacation and lieu days to all Department Heads.
• Maintain the payroll system and make recommendation for improvements.
• Provide any other reports as requested by management.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
• Must have commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
• Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of analytical ability.
• Oral and written fluency in English.
• Display initiative.
• Team player.
• Customer/people oriented.
• Responsible and helpful.
• Diploma holder would be preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office mainly EXCEL.
• Knowledge of at least one payroll system.
• Minimum of 2 -3 years experience with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in a hotel.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.