Job description / Role
• Manage and maintain internal and external payroll and expense financial controls as per corporate policy, UK/US/European GAAP local guidelines.
• Responsible for the preparation of all monthly payroll submissions to the eternal payroll provider.
• Responsible for gathering and inputting all source data into online payroll system including appropriate authorisations.
• Ensures that compliance guidelines relating to Payroll and Expenses (e.g. personal tax due expense payments which are not tax free in certain jurisdictions) are adhered to.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of all tax payments on behalf of the staff and company in relation to payroll.
• Responsible for the timely payment of all salaries and expenses.
• Reconciliation of all EMA payroll Balance Sheet accounts.
• Preparation of monthly and annual P&L and forecasts (headcount data and P&L data respectively and in relation to payroll).
• Responsible for timely submission of tax forms and timely tax payments on behalf of the company and the employees.
• Gathering of all benefit data and pension data where necessary.
• You will have excellent communication skills and be required to have appropriate and regular contact with local finance managers and regional finance managers on all major issues, as well as continuous contact with the finance managers on gathering the payroll data and dealing with expense protocols and issues.
• You will liaise with counterparts in the U.S. and Europe.
• You will have exposure to both internal and external auditors, contact with the external payroll provider, contact with computer support company in respect of the local area network (LAN), contact with various banks and financial institutions, and contact with government departments in countries where the client has a payroll scheme and lawyers.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
• You will have a recognized payroll qualification, and/or accountancy qualification.
• You will have up to date, proven and substantial experience of running international payroll(s) across the EMA region.
• Ability to promote strong communication link with local finance managers and third party contacts including social security, pension etc.
• An understanding of how to mitigate risk within the payroll arena supported by a good awareness of international payroll tax.
• Demonstrable experience of multi-currency electronic expense systems.
• Strong supervisory/communication skills and cross cultural experience, as well as problem solving and decision making skills.
• Strong accountancy, spreadsheet, and data analysis skills.
• You must be able to work effectively to strict deadlines and confidently and effectively work with computer based accounting systems.
• You will have extensive experience of handling day to day management of EMA payroll and expenses, ensuring accurate and timely payment in line with contracts and SLAs, ensuring compliance management, risk mitigation, internal controls and taxation.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 40 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.