People Analyst Trainee
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What You'll Be Doing
Our People Data Analyst is responsible for aggregating, maintaining and analyzing HR data. Our Analyst is also responsible for supporting the People Partners within the vertical throughout the full HR cycle.
- Support the entire HR cycle relating to performance management and employee engagement, including compensation and benefit reviews and all associated analytics and reporting requirements.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of a large volume of employee data for the business units, working closely with HR Competence Centers to validate structure, cost centers, reporting lines and employee movements.
- Support People Partners with all talent management activities, by preparing and consolidating data to present to Senior Management and key stakeholders.
- Assist with the creation and reporting of HR manpower budgets, and report on current and future status using all available Power BI dashboards.
- Act as a central point of contact for the consolidation of all People data to support decision making within the business unit.
- Ensure alignment with salary scales by mapping designations and grading between staff in the region.
- Conduct People Cost Analysis and Variance Analysis between budget and Actuals, providing commentary where necessary and highlighting discrepancies.
- Review employee data and align any discrepancies while adhering to a central benchmark.
- Ensure organization charts for business unit are kept up to date and circulated as required.
- Provide basic analysis and project management support on for ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Proactively participate in all relevant projects and community activities as part of the wider People Team.
- Assist in reviewing and documenting policies based on People Partner request and in collaboration with the relevant competence center.
- Continually consider new ways of working and highlight any suggested process or efficiency enhancements which would benefit the team or the business.
- Act as a go to person for all "non-technical" support on existing HR platforms (DRIVE, PLANO , MyChalhoub, etc.) and escalate when needed.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-pace, matrixed environment
- Passionate about data and data visualization tools
- Great communication and project management skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
Department: PEOPLE & CULTURE
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.