Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
In our endeavour to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced HRBP, with extensive experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment. You will be responsible for helping ensure operational excellence within our warehouse environment. You will be working closely with the Head of Logistics to provide: operational HR support, strategic advice, guidance and best practice solutions, in line with Group HR policies and principles, whilst also creating bespoke initiatives to enhance the employee experience and support the achievement of our Logistics Transformation strategy.
This is a role that combines operational and strategic responsibilities, requiring a solid HR and operational background in addition to sound commercial exposure and mindset to successfully partner with and influence all areas of the business.
- Define, develop and implement a "People" vision to support our ambitious Logistics Transformation strategy.
- Review logistics operating model and workforce planning approaches to ensure optimal organisational structures are in place to support future focus, growth, scalability and employee satisfaction.
- Work with the team to consider competitor and industry approaches and translate these insights into roadmaps that define the employee experience, reveal gaps and pain points, and identify key opportunities for business enhancements and innovation.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the most complex issues, supporting our team in all related people areas including recruitment, attendance, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Provide clear and inspirational leadership to motivate and develop the team to deliver high quality, customer - centred services.
- Be an active, visible and effective member of the Logistics Leadership Team, driving People and Culture transformation.
- Act as a change agent by looking for new ways to improve the employee experience, work environment and define our employee value proposition.
- Continually assess our existing policies, procedures, and programs and put forward recommendations to improve efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
- Continually enhance Logistics onboarding/ offboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of the team's skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical competencies required.
- Work with the Group's Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified.
- Work closely with Group HR to implement a continuous performance culture, supported by new approaches and performance platforms.
- Work with Group Talent Development to identify high performing team members, conduct succession planning activities and educate around potential career paths to encourage internal growth.
- Encourage a "growth mindset" amongst team members by collaborating with our Learning team to assess training needs so relevant and inspiring training and development programmes can be put in place.
- Use all available HR data to ensure HR analytics supports all reporting, action planning and decision making and put forward recommendation for change.
- Act as a coach and mentor for stakeholders and employees.
- As part of our cultural transformation, provide advice and guidance to leaders and managers around how to act as role models to create a positive and inspiring team climate. Raise awareness amongst employees around how to raise concerns and close off all employee grievances.
- Champion Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on gender diversity, culture change, nationalisation and employee wellbeing.
- Develop key performance indicators to help identify progress and improvements made on employee engagement.
- Support with effective employee communication strategies, using sources relevant for fulfilment team members.
- Manage manpower planning activities with the Head of Logistics and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process.
- Participate in the recruitment process through assessment centres or competency-based interviews
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Proven experience of working with Logistics, Operations/Distributions as well as managing manufacturing or warehouse populations.
- Track record of acting as change agent to bring about strategic and culture change.
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted advisor to the business
- Employee centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level
- Experience of working in a fast-pace warehouse environment with a diverse manual workforce.
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data & analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future focussed with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts and techniques
- University Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Psychology/ MBA and Coaching Certificates are a plus
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts .
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.