Job description / Role
• Support and advise the Principal on all-school policies and programs
• Serve as the administration liaison to the various committees within the school
• Support the program development work of the Heads of Secondary and Primary
• Plan and coordinate meetings, receptions, luncheons, workshops, travel/accommodations, etc.) for completing activities and/or delivering services in accordance with the Principal’s job description
• Maintain a wide variety of complex manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. contacts, time sheets, personnel files, correspondence files)
• Maintain information, databases, etc. for providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established School policy and guidelines
• Manage public relations issues, meeting arrangements, account balances, etc. for achieving goals and meeting target dates in compliance with established School policy guidelines
• Oversee work activities within the office for organizing assignments, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within established guidelines
• Perform other related duties as assigned for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school
• Prepare a wide variety of complex written materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, event programs, bulletins, reports, etc.) for communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance with established School guidelines
• Represent the Office of the Principal in his absence for addressing matters that require immediate attention
• Respond to a wide variety of calls, concerns and/or complaints for resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel
• Schedule a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, etc.) for making necessary arrangements for Heads of Schools.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ administrative experience, preferably working in an educational setting
• Maintains confidentiality and exemplifies personal and professional integrity
• Exhibits exemplary written/ spoken English
• Demonstrates competence in computer technical skills using Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other related programs/software for educational and business office use
• Accurate proofing and ability to produce high quality first drafts
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to aide in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural population; mature judgment, courteousness and professional demeanor
• Demonstrates skills in forward thinking and being able to anticipate and prioritize work.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle timelines
• Ability to work creatively and independently. Ability to work under pressure
• High energy and enthusiasm
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Time management and organisation
• Arabic Speaker*
About the Company
Taaleem's main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Personal Assistant to Executive Manager
Administrator / Personal Assistant
Executive Assistant to CEO
Irwin & Dow