Job description / Role
Title: Piping Engineer
- Familiarize with the scope of work. Monitor changes in scope of work and raises change notification to the Lead Engineer.
- Prepare and checking of engineering documents like Drawings, calculations, specifications and datasheets to ensure compliance with specification and functional integrity.
- Provide technical directions and organize inputs to the team of designers.
- Carry-out single discipline checking of discipline documents and drawings for the project.
- Carry-out IDC for other discipline document and drawings as per the approved IDC matrix and Co-ordinate with other disciplines.
- Attend Project review meetings and project co-ordination meetings in the absence of Lead Engineer.
- Participate in technical review meetings like piping 3D model review and other technical workshops.
- Preparation of workshop Close out reports and discipline resolutions.
- Prepare and checking of Piping design document, piping support, MTO, Layouts, Isometrics, Tie in schedule, piping work packs, datasheets, specifications of material, technical bid evaluations, Material requisitions, stress analysis reports etc.
- Checking of piping 3D Model, Technical queries, site survey information.
- Review of Vendor/package documents and drawings.
- Monitors and reports actual progress including 3D / check for Discipline activities, including control of man-hours and delivered documents.
- Feeds the Piping and Layout Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project.
- Adherence to company process and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10-12 years total Engineering experience and minimum 5 years in the oil and gas industry.
- Good understanding of specific Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of piping standards and specification such as ASME, ASTM, API, BS etc.
- Knowledge of piping material and Codes
- Knowledge of Engineering software in stress analysis, 3D modelling etc.
- Well versed in Navis works and LFM Site Spot
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Good planning and decision-making skills
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.