Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
The Planning coordinator is responsible for co-ordinating, maintaining and administering, all data and transactional actions that are relevant to the operational merchandising and supply chain processes, within the brand/s division/s for which they have responsibility. The role reports into the Brand/s / Business Unit/s / and work in close collaboration with the supply chain team to ensure Group process and policy compliance.
- Working in close collaboration with the brand/s and the Supply Chain Manager for the division/s to ensure compliance with the long-term strategy of the Brand/Vertical, the Supply Chain function, it's processes and governance framework.
- Support the development of new and/or ways of working within the SC team, and seeking out longer-term process improvements to support stock management within the brand/s and division/s
- Supplier Expense Profile - Setting up and updating supplier expense profiles in accordance with our standard terms and conditions of engagement.
- PO Creation/Cancellation - Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to understand changes in PO requirements and expediting any changes necessary in ERP
- Transfers stock within the business - Co-ordinating the efficient and timely transfer of stock between the warehouse, our retails stores, and The Deal.
- Drop Shipment Process
- Price Management - Co-ordinating and communicating changes in retail price, unit cost and stock promotions, with all key relevant stakeholders; Finance, Supply Chain Managers, the brand General Managers, Store Managers
- Stock Adjustments
- Consignment Commission Set-Up and coordination
- Stock Return to Vendor - Co-ordinating all administrative and data management requirements in relation to stock returns to vendor
- Inbound Stock Variance - Reconciling the stock ordered with the stock received to identify any variances with the same. Reporting these said variances to the relevant team/s, internally and externally, and seeking appropriate action to remedy
Supplier, Vendor, and Customer Data Processing and Co-Ordinating:
- Inbound & Outbound delivery follow up
- Claim Management - Liaising with the appropriate team/s, internally and externally, to communicate all claims and seek relevant compensation or replacement.
- Customer payment follow up and reconciliation
- Sales order Creation/Cancellation/Returns - Work closely with the business unit Supply Chain Manager/Commercial to understand sales order requirements and expediting any actions necessary.
- Distribution of Customer Prices - Ensuring all relevant parties are kept up to date with the pricing of stock, and changes to the same, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Stock Return from Customer - Co-ordinating all administrative and data management requirements in relation to stock returns to vendor
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a multi-brand, multi-market, supply chain team.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar relevant role
- Experience of working with the implementation of complex purchasing programs and tasks.
- Ability to advise on the appropriate solutions to complex purchasing activity problems.
- Able to monitor the effectiveness of procurement policies and strategies in high-cost purchases.
- Improves procurement processes to maximize products or services efficiency and effectiveness.
- Teaches others how to use advanced technologies and tools for purchasing activities.
- Evaluates issues and considerations for purchasing various goods and services.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.