Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
• Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
• Support, review, monitor and supervise project baseline programs and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process, standards and procedures
• Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and project controls best practices.
• Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work
• Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
• Ensure strong analytical skills are in place to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations
• Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
• Support, review, monitor and supervise the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
• Management of the project control team including planners & cost engineers, ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
• Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
• Work closely with the Project Manager, commercial manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of the project.
• You will be a recognised expert with a minimum of 15 years experience in a similar role at a senior level.
• You will have experience in development and maintaining baseline programmes starting with very little briefs and input.
• You have considerable Planning & Scheduling experience showing clear career progression in the planning field through working either client side or for a consultancy.
• You will have experience of working on high value, high rise and other building/mixed use projects from pre-concept to handover.
• You will have proven track record in lead a team of professional planners and senior planners.
• You will have experience in dealing with clients on daily basis. You will have experience in working in high pressure environments with very demanding clients.
• Knowledge in the use of Primavera (P6) and MS Project is also essential
• Strong verbal and written communication skills is essential
• Experience in identifying delays and preparing impact or time extension analysis reports
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
QS Quest Global Markets Ltd.
Senior Planning Engineer
Fusion Group Holding
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)