PLC Software Developer
Job description / Role
We are looking for a highly capable skilled PLC programmer to design and install controller system software for our clients. You will be traveling to clients' locations, analysing system requirements, writing and installing custom programmable logic code, testing system efficiency, and providing operational support.
To be successful as a PLC programmer, you should have excellent knowledge of machine mechanics, a logical approach, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. A skilled PLC programmer should be able to easily identify and design a robust program fit for any mechanical or electrical purpose
• Meeting with clients to discuss their mechanical or electrical automation needs.
• Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work.
• Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages.
• Determining machine automation test criteria before the final installation.
• Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
• Troubleshooting system errors.
• Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
• Documenting development processes.
• Providing clients with technical support.
• Bachelor's degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
• At least 3 years' experience as a PLC programmer.
• PLC technical certification.
• Electrical and mechanical engineering experience preferred.
• Knowledge of software design principals.
• Proficiency in CAD and AutoCAD software.
• Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to travel when required.
About the Company
Established since 1979, Pteris Global Limited (formerly known as Inter-Roller Engineering Limited) is a global integrated solutions provider of airport logistics systems for areas like Baggage Handling, In-flight Catering, Air Cargo Handling, and Express Courier Handling.
Pteris Global was listed on SESDAQ of the Singapore Stock Exchange (now known as the Singapore Exchange Limited – Securities Trading) in 1991 and was upgraded to the Mainboard in 2005. Headquartered in Singapore, the Company has subsidiaries and offices in the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Canada and the United States of America.
Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Electrical Design Engineer
Backend Developer (Node.js)