Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
The Individual in this position is responsible to oversee the Pool & Beach areas of the recreation department and attend to the guest needs during his stay, providing personal service in assistance
- To perform opening and closing procedures according to the shift.
- To inspect pool and beach areas at start, during and at the end of the shift to ensure that the set up of the department is in accordance with established standard.
- To ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- To execute the standards of Recreation in the set-up of amenities (changing rooms) as well as beach and pool chairs.
- To re-arrange furniture layout whenever necessary.
- To distribute the towels and amenities needed.
- To monitor, maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the pool and beach areas.
- To work in close coordination with other team members to ensure smooth operations.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- To establish a rapport with guests, providing guest recognition and good customer relationships.
- To respond to guest enquiries on pool activities as well as on kid's club and other information regarding the facility and services of the Hotel.
- To Control in-house guests and eventual outside visitors.
- To escort arriving guest to requested area (pool, beach).
- To anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- To maintain pool, including proper chemical PH rate for the purpose of maintaining the facilities and complying with mandated health and requirements.
- To assist lifeguards in maintaining swimming pool equipment for the purpose of ensuring the equipment is in proper working condition.
- To report technical difficulties to the maintenance department.
- To control inventory of towels.
- To Control inventory of pool games (table tennis rackets, football etc).
- To Report any damage immediately to the supervisor or the Director of Recreation.
- To support the ordering of pool supplies.
- To ensure a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as well as wear the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To attend briefings, as required and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel trainings as scheduled and other related activities
- To interact with other departments to provide additional or specialized guest services.
- To know and adhere strictly to Lost & Found procedures.
- To report to the supervisor and/or Director of Recreation any sickness or unusual behavior of guests.
- Is responsible for the pool information board set-up.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same position in a 5 Luxury Hotel.
- Basic knowledge of detergents and pool cleaning methods
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.