Job description / Role
• Take a leading role in preparing project proposals and bidding documents for tenders pertaining roadway, transportation and traffic safety.
• Actively participate in conducting research, analyzing data, writing reports to meet client expectations as part of a team in the area of transportation.
• Aid in the research center's administrative duties including follow up meetings with potential clients and leads, writing formal letters, and obtaining necessary approvals.
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
• Conduct high-quality transportation-related research and co-supervise and assist PhD and Masters students.
• Highly responsible and disciplined candidates is encouraged to submit an application supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
• A PhD degree in Transportation Engineering or any related field
• BSc in Civil Engineering or any related field
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.