Job description / Role
- Applications are invited from outstanding and highly motivated individuals to join our interdisciplinary research group as a post-doctoral research associate.
- The successful candidate is expected to work closely but also independently from the senior research staff, he is a well-organized and self-motivated person.
- In addition, the candidate is expected to have a multidisciplinary attitude and pursue excellent scientific results at an international level.
- The primary duties of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to, developing mathematical and AI models and optimization algorithms in the fields of water resources, develop surface water and groundwater models, evaluating and predicting hydrological events (i.e. evaporation, rainfall, groundwater, recharge, etc.).
- The candidate is expected to assist the senior researcher in the ongoing projects and researches and write the research findings for scientific reports, research proposals, conference and seminars presentations, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- The successful candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and expected to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- A PhD in water resources engineering and environmental science or equivalent discipline, with deep background in Artificial Intelligence, is expected.
- At least 2-year postdoctoral experience is recommended.
- Good records in writing research proposals and securing external funds.
The successful candidate will have genuine experience and expertise in several of, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Competence with Artificial Intelligence and statistical software to develop hydrological intelligence models
- Deep knowledge in hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality urban watershed model applications
- Deep background in Water resources, Hydrology, Hydraulics, Sediments transport, groundwater hydrology, or similar
- Strong understanding and experience in water distribution systems modelling
- Proficiency in the analysis of big scientific data
- Familiarity with using the relevant analysis toolboxes and programming codes (R, MATLAB, or other modelling software)
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
- Documented ability to attract external funding for research
- Ability to identify and develop innovative research areas and proposals
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relationships skills relevant to scientific and management audiences
- Ability to author peer-reviewed journal publications and technical reports
- A strong publication track record in high-ranking journals that compares favorably with others at a similar career stage (at least 15 peer reviewed SCI publications, including 3-4 JCR Q1)
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.