Power Production Supervisor
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Power Production Supervisor
The Power Production Supervisor is the primary supervisor for the maintenance, repair, installation and operation of electrical power generation equipment, water distribution systems, aircraft arresting systems, low and high voltage electrical distribution systems, devices, airfield lighting systems, exterior light systems, interior lighting and electrical systems and associated equipment. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Performs CSC Inspections on Containers as needed.
- Performs quality inspections before, during and after maintenance.
- Complete quality documents as required.
- Assign work assignments to subordinates.
- Completes and quality checks maintenance records and documentation as required.
- Provides technical assistance, training and OJT. Documents the training and OJT.
- Provides Supervision in operation, maintenance, inspection, testing, repairing, reconstitution and storage of electrical generating equipment, water distribution systems, flood lights, air compressors, aircraft arresting systems, low and high voltage electrical distribution systems, devices, airfield lighting systems, exterior light systems, interior lighting and electrical systems associated with the WRM Program.
- Interprets electrical drawings, schematics, blueprints and maintenance malfunction data to analyze malfunctions.
- Use various test equipment, load banks and other diagnostic equipment as required by technical data to: operate, maintain, inspect, test, repair and reconstitute WRM assets.
- Prepares WRM assets/ equipment for air/sea/road haul shipments in accordance with Technical Orders, Manuals, Checklists, Regulations, and Unit Type Code (UTC) Configuration listings.
- Prepares and completes required documentation to include DoD, USAF Supply/Maintenance, Amentum and associated forms, as well as updates to historical records.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Performs other tasks and duties as directed by Amentum/USAF tasking.
- May be required to assist in other departments when directed or requested to accomplish a specific task or project.
- Performs other skilled or unskilled jobs as directed by the Superintendent.
- Performs Temporary Duty (TDY) in the Area of Operations as required by USAF/Amentum tasking.
- Conforms to Amentum/USAF safety, hazardous material, and quality standards.
- Ensures all tools, personal protective equipment and clothing issued remain safe, secure and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Supervises the erection, construction and operation of WRM power generation and associated equipment to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills and be able to understand, speak read and write English at an advanced level.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Knowledge of military or civilian maintenance systems, quality assurance and supervisory techniques is required.
- Ability to plan employee's workload and administer direct supervision required.
- Must be able to interpret electrical drawings, schematics, blueprints, and technical data for the maintenance, inspection, testing, repairing, reconstitution and storage of electrical generating equipment, water distribution systems, flood lights, air compressors, aircraft arresting systems, low and high voltage electrical distribution systems, devices, airfield lighting systems, exterior light systems, interior lighting and electrical systems associated with the WRM Program. Or Similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems.
- Must be able to obtain CSC Certification.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of military or civilian experience in power generation operation and maintenance required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- High voltage power generation equipment (5000 volts or higher) preferred, but not required.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory position preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.