Job description / Role
Title: PowerBI Administrator/Developer
Location: Dubai, UAE
Duration: 12 Months Extendable Contract
We are looking at candidates who bring industry best practices to support the application and have strong development experience. The candidate should be able to maintain end to end health of Platform (On-Prem & Cloud).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs platform capacity planning and management.
• Serves as an escalation point for escalated production and/or platform issues.
• Executing change control and promotions activities.
• Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the POWER BI platform.
• Technical Lead and point of contact for all POWER BI Administrator related projects and activities.
• Provide maintenance and support for POWER BI products during deployment, upgrade and any changes to POWER BI products
• Provide technical support; incident management
• Oversee, recommend and implement appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
• Conform to system architecture standards and practices and work with outsourced suppliers as required to keep up to date with enabling technologies.
• Interface directly with various business units and IT functional areas as it pertains to POWER BI Administration.
• Monitor the overall availability and performance of the current POWER BI environments and take corrective actions as necessary to insure peak operational performance.
• Power BI Administration
• Deploying Power BI Desktop / Cloud
• Managing Power BI Mobile App Deployment
• Compliance and Auditing
• Monitoring Usage
• Application Utilization and capacity management
• Performance Monitoring SQL Server Analysis Services
• Data Privacy and Security
• Controlling Access to Power BI
• Managing Access to App Workspaces, Apps, and Content Packs
• Assist in Power BI System Governance
• Power BI data modeling
• M queries
• DAX calculations
• SSAS Tabular Models
• Tenant Management
• Manage capacity
• Choice of data import vs. direct connectivity
• Monitoring of file sizes
• Reuse of existing datasets
• Utilize organizational content packs
• Azure Data Catalog
• API activity
• Power BI Architecture and Development
• Confirm Leading Practices are followed within the Power BI industry
• Develop dashboards / reports and/or help users develop reports as needed
• Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools, cube design, platform enabling configuration is essential.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred
• Ability to work independently, fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Drive customer communication during critical events and participate/lead various operational improvement initiatives.
• 3+ years of experience in managing PowerBI platform (required)
• Strong database Fundamentals and SQL, PLSQL. Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Hive, Cloudera
• Certification in any of the BI tool would be added advantage.
• Must have working knowledge of database administration for tuning and maintenance of the databases.
• 2-4 years of progressive experience in business intelligence and/or information management including:
• Hands-on experience in design and development of dashboard, reports, data model using Power BI, particularly Power BI Cloud based development
• Extensive experience of working with products like Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) tabular Cube development, String SSIS and Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Very strong SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions and stored procedures
• Experience in Data Warehouse, ETL processing, Tabular models, DAX and M query
• Experience with Multidimensional concepts, data modeling and MDX query
• Exposure to working/ building cubes for huge datasets
• Knowledge of Visual Studio
• Working experience in banking sector or in a leading solution vendor for banking products.(desirable)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
About the Company
About the Adecco Group
The Adecco Group, based in Zurich, Switzerland, is the world's leading provider of workforce solutions. With more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in 60 countries and territories around the world, the Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services, connecting approximately 700,000 associates with our clients every day. The services offered fall into the broad categories of temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|
Junior Office Administrator
A Leading Confectionery Company