Job description / Role
Requisition ID: 240100
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Purpose and Objectives
SAP Procurement software accelerate and automates businesses procurement processes, proactively ensuring compliance, and cutting costs with our procurement applications for businesses large and small. Through its industry-leading business network and cloud applications, SAP Procurement is fueling a whole new way of doing business. One that is more connected and collaborative than ever before.
The SAP Network and Spend Management Pre-sales Manager manages a team of pre-sales specialists and principals providing leadership and mentoring in order to develop the team members' solution and sales skills. The pre-sales team is based in the MENA region. The Pre-sales Manager also provides support to account executives and conducts demonstrations for strategic purposes, including trade shows, Ariba Live and Sapphire.
The Pre-sales Manager ensures the region's readiness to adequately sell the SAP Ariba solutions and other solutions that are part of the SAP Procurement solution portfolio.
Expectations and Tasks
The SAP Network and Spend Management Pre-sales Manager will be responsible for:
• Manage the SAP Network and Spend Management Pre-sales team from both an HR and content point of view
• Set personal goals for the team members
• Manage the performance process of the team members
• Monitor the development activities for the team members toward their solution learning
• Help develop the SAP Network and Spend Management presales organization following global guidance through an SAP Ariba focused community of practice
• Be a voice of the field to SAP Ariba solution management
• Maintain a high-level knowledge of SAP Ariba's solution suite and other solutions of the SAP Procurement portfolio
• Understand the key competitors and insure regional pre-sales team members understand and leverage SAP's unique value wedges in every customer interaction
• Build key relationships and maintain a global network of people in the SAP Network and Spend Management team and overall SAP organization who can be leveraged for regional support when necessary (e.g. in key opportunities)
• Fully understand the SAP Procurement (Ariba and others) demo assets and enablement assets that should be leveraged in the MENA region and making sure any gaps in needs are addressed to global
• Monitor all SAP Procurement key deals currently in process and help assigning the right specialization
• Provide coaching and advisory support to both the pre-sales team and account team
• Engage in supporting key SAP Procurement marketing events where appropriate
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
• Successful completion of Bachelor or other University degree
• In-depth knowledge of the SAP Ariba solution suite and other solutions of the SAP Procurement portfolio
• Substantial understanding of the Procurement Line of Business
• In-depth knowledge of the market and competitive situation in the Procurement Line of Business - Proven team lead of virtual teams and conflict management skills
• Strong customer & sales orientation
• Team worker & Networker
• Excellent analytical, conceptual and methodological skills and knowledge
• Drive for results and "can-do mentality"
• Excellent communication skills in English
• 5+ years' experience in Procurement pre-sales presenting to the Procurement Line of Business
• Successful people management experience
• Record of building strong customer relationships and customer contacts (executive access and effective offer positioning)
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
Sap's Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.