Job description / Role
• Proactively execute the pricing process from rate sourcing up to sharing multiple options to Sales.
• Once the shipment is confirmed, coordinate with the relevant agent/ shipping line and ensure the best rates and send a routing order.
• Receive inquiries, confirm details with Sales/ CS. Communicate with agents/ shipping lines to source the best rates.
• Use contacts effectively to source the best rate in the market.
• Send Multiple rate options to Sales/ CS.
• For export shipments: Coordinate with relevant multiple service providers locally and ensure to source the best competitive rates in the market. For DDU/ EXW shipments, need to source rates from multiple agents at the destination as well.
• For import & cross-trade shipments: Coordinate with multiple agents in the country of shipment origin and ensure to source the best competitive rates in the market. For DDU/ EXW shipments, need to source rates from multiple agents at the destination as well.
• Respond to all sales inquiries regarding the updated status of rates, by e-mail or phone in a timely manner
• Proactively contact the Sales/ CS and provide a clear and concise explanation of any delays in rate sourcing specifying the reason(s) for the delay and coordinate with Sales/ CS on any additional information needed.
• Follow up with Sales/ CS for the feedback on each rate quoted.
• Negotiate with vendors once the target rate is received. Record the inquiries in the daily report with updated status.
• Relationship building with carriers: Making strong relationships that lead to quicker response time and better rates.
• Efficiency in handling urgent cases of rate quotations.
• Number of Suppliers/Carriers:
• Increasing the number of carriers, we work with.
• Reducing dependency on a single carrier.
• Carrier availability/efficiency rate:
• Evaluate carrier capacity to respond to urgent demands/response time.
• Evaluate the quality of the response.
• Procurement cost reduction: Cost savings with carrier negotiations.
• Better negotiation with carriers.
• Streamline the tangible costs saving 10%.
• Internal team communication efficiency to keep teams/management well informed.
• Space release from carriers.
• Filling credit with carriers.
• Educational qualification: Master’s degree.
• 6 years of experience in related freight forwarding covering Road (Import, Export, and Transit) shipments.
• Product knowledge in shipping & Logistics.
• Hands-on experience in forwarding and logistics.
• Shipping market knowledge.
• Knowledge of all segments such as FTL, LTL, FCL, LCL, transit, multimodal transportation, etc.
• Problem-solving skills in the operational process.
• Familiar with procedures/requirements.
• Customer Service Oriented – moderate communication and people skills; energetic and enthusiastic; takes the initiative to effectively anticipate the needs, handle the issues, and resolve the problems of internal and external customers.
• Proactive and customer-oriented.
• PC literate- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
About the Company
DFreight is a digital freight forwarder company.
We provide an online collaborative platform to streamline the shipping processes. We aim to make the best freight forwarding experience for both customers and suppliers through technology solutions and utilizing data that provides efficiency, transparency, and cost-effectiveness.
At DFreight, we dedicate our time to improving the transportation industry. We use cutting-edge technologies, state-of-the-art equipment, and a team full of professionals to provide our valued customers with the smartest logistics solutions. DFreight has gathered together more than 50 professionals in two main offices located in the UAE and Armenia.
Our vision is to develop the most advanced freight forwarding platform so that our customers can manage their whole supply chain, including shipments, cargo, and freight. We run our business fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy our employees and partners, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.
Customer Service Manager
Assistant Manager - Logistics Operations
Logistics Sales Manager - General Freight
Supply Chain Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Emad Trade House