Job description / Role
About the Role
Brief Description of the Role:
The Upper Primary Supervisor will be responsible for the Upper Primary section of the school and any other area detailed by Principal. To follow and support school aims, policies and practices of learning, behaviour, appraisal & assessment.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide leadership and management for the department to ensure high quality teaching for all subjects, effective use of resources and improved standards of achievement of our students.
- Overall responsibility for the effective running of the department, including management of teaching staff, resources and professional development.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to staff where appropriate. Set priorities and targets for individual team members and the department.
- Act as the first point of contact for teaching staff in the department to promote student well-being in academics and co-curricular areas.
- Involve in the process of self-evaluation for different subjects and engage in the implementation of next steps and recommendations.
- Be prepared and contribute beyond the typical workday, where the event/ tasks which require additional commitment.
- Other duties as situation demands.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An excellent team player both within the department and across phases
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Be an outstanding practitioner with good knowledge of UAE Inspection framework
- Be well-versed to lead on Professional Development for staff
- Be able to draft strategic planning to accelerate the department/phase to excellence
Interested applicants should email your cover letter stating your educational philosophy & personal statement relating to the relevant post along with your updated resume by 24 th April 2023.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.