Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
We have a requirement for well experienced consultant Principal / Lead Lighting Designer to join our team in Dubai, UAE to work on high profile new build and refurbishment projects. Successful candidates will have a proven background as an Principal Lighting Designer for high spec hospitality, commercial and residential projects in the GCC.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Experienced and creative Lighting Designer to include thematic, entertainment/attraction types of design.
* Working on a large variety of up and coming residential, commercial, and hospitality projects in the UAE.
* Preparing renderings, drawings and specification
* Assisting with the concept development, visualization, calculations and design development of the company's specialist lighting design projects
* The candidate should be able to develop conceptual and creative design options based on the end user experience that is targeted.
* To be able to coordinate with the Client to understand their requirement and articulate this into a look, feel and define the lighting theme for the development
* Attending site meetings and presenting your creative designs to clients.
* To be able to use lighting program design software to produce lighting designs.
* Complete knowledge, understanding and experience on lighting simulation software.
* As a minimum experience in the following software: Dialux software and AGI32
* Technical experience of design and implementation of smart lighting design. capability to coordinate with the engineering team on the lighting control system requirement.
* To have experience on the lighting requirement and the interdependencies that enables advanced technologies to be applicable and feasible such as hallogram, interactive screens, etc.
* Providing a cost proposal package for both external and internal customers
* Design within safety practices, cost affective solutions and energy performance
* The ideal candidate can demonstrate a credible portfolio of their own lighting design projects, have a good understanding of lighting technology and be expert in CAD.
* Ideally you will have experience within in Hospitality, Residential or any high end Lighting Design sector.
* As a person you must be highly creative, organised, flexible, a good listener and set a positive example
* The role will require delivering high quality design schemes, specifications and creative advice to clients.
* You will need to be fully aware of the latest insights, trends and creative influences in lighting design.
* The position requires someone knowledgeable about all design practices, regulations and products.
* Quality design proposals need to be produced and dispatched in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
* Essentially these need to be managed, recorded and your follow-ups reported to convert into completed design projects.
* You will regularly attend client sites visits, instigate site visits and site surveys as necessary as part of project work.
* Carry out commissioning of lighting schemes after installation
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelors Degree in Design
* 10 years of experience as a lighting designer with either a design consultant or developer
* Minimum 5 years experience within the middle east
* Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
* Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills
* Excellent computer literacy and application skills in MS Outlook and MS Office applications
* Strong work ethic and ability to use own initiative
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.