Job description / Role
• Leadership and Technical performance for Structural Engineering teams for design of projects within the Design Centre Dubai, ME region and GDC
• In collaboration with the Structural Engineering Design Director and Technical Directors Engineers, contribution to the development of robust Technical Management Systems for Structural Engineering that create a systematic and consistent approach to Structural Engineering design to embrace the underlying requirements of the Atkins Design Principles
• Continual coordination and engagement to maximize the utilization and contribution of the Atkins Bangalore Global Design Centre to the delivery of the Design Centre Dubai Structural Engineering design commitments
• Actively monitor the Structural Engineering basis of appointment to ensure that unapproved variations are not introduced to the Structural Engineering design process.
• In the event of variation, identify the cost and time impact of the same to the Atkins Market Sector/Country Business Units for their agreement to proceed and their confirmation of recovery of the associated variation from their Projects Clients prior to implementation of any changes to the design
• Collaboration with all Technical Design Unit Principal Engineers/Architects and Lead Engineers/Architects to ensure that design solutions are commercially efficient in terms of design effort to complete across all disciplines and do not create risk to Atkins Market Sector/Country Business Units
Function and Scope:
• Principal Structural Engineering Technical Delivery role, directly reporting within the team structure to the Technical Directors and Structural Engineering Design Director.
• Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of structural engineering designs and solutions that achieve technical compliance with Atkins Design Principles.
• Also responsible for improving and developing technical competence within the Structural Engineering team both in the DCD and Indian GDC offices.
• Recognized degree in Structural Engineering
• Deep technical knowledge of Structural Engineering of Building-Type Projects
• Minimum of 12 years professional experience
• Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE or equivalent)
• Proven experience and technical knowledge in Structural Engineering
• Proven track record of successful contribution to the technical delivery of contract compliant Structural Engineering designs to budget and programme targets
• In-depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering with particular reference to Structural Steelwork, Structural Concrete and associated Structural Analysis and Design/Detailing Software
• In-depth technical knowledge and experience of European/US-based design codes/standards and Statutory Regulations
• Proven experience and track record of work delivery using offshore design centers
• Ability to contribute to the development of elegant Structural Engineering solutions in close collaboration with other specialists and design groups
• Confidence to work within multi-disciplinary design environments
• Ability to lead a project team to deliver the Structural Engineering design for multi-disciplinary projects
• Commercial/risk awareness
• Ability to present Structural Engineering designs
• Excellent planning, time management and communication skills
• Authority accreditation with Dubai Municipality, DDA, Trakhees, etc.
• Mentor and develop technical and non-technical skillsets of staff within the DCD and GDC teams
• Excellent team player
• Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Engineering Design
• Sound communicator
• Excellent technical judgement
• Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery
• Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
• Passionate about Structural Engineering and drive to exceed the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 calendar days of annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).