Principal Structural Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
Job Purpose & Scope:
• Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
• Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring
• that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
• Coordinate and supervise theCivil/Structural Engineering aspects of theAssiutHydrocracking ComplexProject to
• ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
• Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews ofCivil/Structuralrelated Engineering
• deliverables developedbythe EPC Contractorand technology Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practicesand in close conjunction with Owner’s functional
• Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, andMaintenance
• functionsto resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
• Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
• Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
• Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Civil/Structural Engineering issues during the EPC phase.
• Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC Contractor key deliverables and other works within theCivil/Structural discipline, ensuring compliance with Civil/Structural design requirements and the Licensors’ PDP’s, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, system or equipment with relatively few complex features.
• Review and approve the following EPC Contractor’s deliverables:
- Equipment design and development.
- System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
- Testing of materials.
- Specifications and design calculations.
- Designs, drawings and data by other Contractors’ or by Vendors.
- Engineering studies and reports.
- Material Requisitions for equipment & materials
- Material quantity estimates
• Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or Subcontractor sand prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
• Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor and Vendors.
• Attend all Project technical sessions by the EPC Contractor such as: Design Review Meetings, 3D Model Review Meeting, Constructability, SIL, EIA,HAZOP and HAZID etc.
• Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor’s Civil/Structural Engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
• Supervise and manage the review and approval of EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Owner and Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and industry best practices.
• Coordinate the required Engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to ensure design optimization and validation for the Owner.
• Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Owner requirements.
• Coordinate other discipline Engineer’s participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
• Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
• Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline Engineers.
• Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
• Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
What you will bring
• Experience of working within large - mega scope ADNOC upstream - Offshore projects - Essential
• Strong understanding of cross-discipline work, interfaces, and sequencing for all phases of a project.
• Well versed in project setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, execution, and closeout.
• Experience in both FEED and EPC stages handling Structural Discipline / Design
• Commercial awareness within professional services environment
• A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation
• Candidates must as a minimum have a BSc / BEng degree (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering discipline
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.